The Dark Side is Creeping into all my shooting!

Started by Grapeshot, July 26, 2006, 11:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapeshot

I just finished an inventory of my powder buying habbits.  I have bought and shot more black powder in the past year than I have done, collectively, since I first started shooting plack powder 36 years ago.  I can also say that I may have bought more BP than smokeless in the last three years.  I can't seem to stop playing with BP or the Substitutes, for any of my CAS guns.  I haven't shot smokeless at a match in about year and I have started to shoot my SAA Colt copies with BP loads.

The Dark Side is creeping up and taking over.  Long Live the Smoke and Fire and the Hearty Blast of Black Powder Guns.  
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Dick Dastardly

The pull of the Darkside is very strong in this one.  I sense the makin's of a true Soot Lord here.  One day his stock of Heathen Fad Smokeyless powder will only gather dust and gradually move to the very back of the cabinet while the One True Powder walks with him in his guns in persuit of his chosen sports.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Paladin UK

Well....DD, ::)

Grapeshot closes with..........

QuoteThe Dark Side is creeping up and taking over.  Long Live the Smoke and Fire and the Hearty Blast of Black Powder Guns. 

Soooooooooo,  I reckon he`s done hooked clean `n proper!!! ;D

Paladin (Whats jest got back from his hols ;D) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Judge Lead

This tends to beg the question  "And the problem is ...........????????????????)

I don't see any problem, but then I buy 20lbs of Wano 3fg at a time  ;D.

Regards
When we were younger, the days seemed to drag. As we get older, we wish they would.

Paper Chaser

SASS #54926
Mississippi Peacemakers,NatchezSixgunners
BOLD #H13
GAF #310; SBSS #1415; SCORRS

Dick Dastardly

Actually Grapeshot doesn't a problem.  Properly stated, it's more of a condition, don't you see.  This condition can very easily become an addiction and become quite incurable as in an unalterable in disposition or habits.  Now, not all incurable addictions are fatal or even bad.  In fact some of them can and do, have a very positive influence on the enjoyment of life.

It's my considered opinion that addiction to Holy Black is generally found to be one of those very positive things that once assimilated become quite benign and very compatable with long and productive living.

In other words, I must also ask, "And the problem is ...........?"

Welcome to the Darkside Grapeshot.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Grapeshot

"And the problem is....?"

1.  I'm going broke buying replacement powder to cover the rounds I'm shooting.

2.  I forgot to mark the BP from the Smokeless rounds and don't remember what rounds are which.

3.  I don't get to shoot as much as I want to.

4.  See one above!
Listen!  Do you hear that?  The roar of Cannons and the screams of the dying.  Ahh!  Music to my ears.

Dick Dastardly

Them whut don't smoke are the heathen ones.  As for needin' more Holy Black, why they're sellin' it by the casefull.  I like Powder Inc. and Deer Creek.  If yer close enuf, I'd deal by "will call" with Deer Creek.  Otherwise please know that ONE (1) hazmat fee covers ONE (1) case of 25 cans.  If ya buy less, ya pay too much.  If ya buy more, make it 2 cases cuz it costs twice as much for the hazmat fee.

I do sincerely hope that one day we kin get the blinkin' liberal by the balls that mandated that fee and make him pay that much every time he buys condoms. . .

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

litl rooster

Grapeshot, How close are you to Winchester Va.? I'm too lazy to pull the Atlas out.  There's a place there that will sell 25lb lots.

DD does Deer Creek, have an online cataloge?
Mathew 5.9

Arcey

The more liberals whut need condoms whut don't use condoms......  the better.....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Dick Dastardly

Howdy Pards,

Deer Creek is still in the last century, or maybe earlier.  Anyway, they are great people.  They do answer the phone in person mostly.  Give them a call and enjoy some good hospitality.

Deer Creek Products
6989 E Michigan Rd
Waldron, IN 46182
(765)525-6181

They get a lot of my bp business cuz they are country.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com