Euro Arms Remington Question

Started by sundance44`s, July 19, 2006, 10:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundance44`s

Haven`t had my Euro Arms remmie long .. but after a few shooting sessions , i`m starting to notice a lot of differences in it and the others.. The first thing i noticed is when i put the pistol in half cock i have to get my finger out of the trigger guard because the trigger comes forward so much that it will pinch my finger in there and sometimes jam the gun ..as long as i take my finger out it`s no problem ... but is this normal on the Euro Arms remmie ????? none of my other brand remmies are like this .Second thing i notices the nipples that came on the Euro gun are too short and the caps have to be pinched or they won`t stay on ..again never a problem with all the other make remmies #10 remington caps stay on them fine .  i couldn`t live with that so ..i had an extra set of Pietta remmie nipples i put in and fixed that . But............ this caused another problem ...lol with the longer nipples the hammer spring isn`t strong enough to pop the caps every time .. so again i went into my spare Pietta parts and installed a hammer spring made for a Pietta ..of course it was too long and too fat at the base so it took a little dremmel work to make it fit ..but it`s a lot thicker than the Euro one and now ...no problem with caps not going off on the first hit . Sure don`t mean to sound like i`m complaining about the Euro gun cause i`m not .. beleive me this gun is really a great shooter .. tighter groups than all my other make remmies .And i`ve had to do a little work on all the other models to make them right too...just not quite as much . The finger pinching problem when putting it on half cock is really buging me though .Even the wife complained about it and she has small fingers .
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Halfway Creek Charlie

Sounds like a timing problem to me
The top of the trigger(sear engagement)may be too long, or the hammer might be mis cut in the sear area. also look at the hand, it may be a bit too long also. All have an effect on the timing.

I have small hands and fingers so I haven't had that problem, also check for a bur on the hammer face. I did have that problem on one of mine and it affected the timing a bunch and I did have lockup(as in locked the whole shebang up) until I faced off the hammer face and cut an angle from the sides to the face.

First thing I did was to match all the parts from each of my 4 Euroarms internals to the one that worked the smoothest and that seemed to take all the UH-OH's out...except that hammer face. That one hammer was not hardened as well as the others.
SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

sundance44`s

It`s not causeing a timing problem at all ..as long as i bring the hammer to full cock i never notice it ... it`s just when i make the move to half cock real slow the trigger comes forward more when cocking slow .. weird ... lol .. just wondered if you ever noticed it on yours .. i don`t have another Euro remmie to compair with .The Uberti Kirst drop in cylinder works good in it too .. .. hummmmm maybe if yours don`t do that .. i better check the trigger and hammer for a burrr or something .Just thought maybe it was common with these guns .

sundance44`s

Charlie ..if the wife hadden`t noticed it too .. i would have thought it was just my fat fingers .. but her`s are little bitty ...and she noticed it .

Boots McCrackin

Sundance44's: I have a pair of Euro's. One is a 79 the other is brand new. That is one of the first things I noticed. I swear the new guns trigger guard is slighty undersized. Can I get a witness? Also had the nipple problem with Remington #11's.
SASS# 69483

44caliberkid

First off, Euro Arms Remingtons are on sale at Dixie Gun Works for $199 till the end of August.  Use item # RH0220.   Secondly, I have one and it does the same thing, trigger coming forward on half cock, but since I usually don't have my finger in the guard it doesn't bother me. 
   The thing that amazed me about the Euro is how small it is compared to a Pietta.  The Pietta is massive, espescially in the grip frame, compared to the Euro.  I think I've read in another thread that the Euro the closest to actual Remington dimensions of all the 1858 repros.  Can anyone confirm this?   I find it to be a fine revolver.

sundance44`s

Thanks Pards thats just what i wanted to know .. i bought the one i have in almost new shape but it had been used before .. so i didn`t know if it was normal or not ... i`m so use to useing the massiave Pietta remmies my favorite . I always use a cylinder loading stand to reload and have my finger still in the guard when i take the cylinder out ...i`ll just have to remember to get my fat finger out of the way ...last night i took it apart again and inspected the sear and trigger for burrs and what nots .. and it looked good to me .
If i remember right old Dragoon always said the Euro remmie is more the size of the Remington Beals model . The Euro is a good shooter fer sure .. i`m impressed with it in that respect .. I`ve just spent so much trigger time on a Pietta remmie ..but the wife really likes the Euro remmie so its a keeper .. I had cut the barrel and grips down on one of my Piettas for her and she kinda got upset when i traded it off on the Euro remmie deal ..but i knew the smaller frame would fit her better and it made her a happy shooter too.
I would rather light load a 44 for her than buy a smaller 36 cal ... i didn`t want another ball size to cast and the 44 just seems to do the job even loaded lighter .

Halfway Creek Charlie

S & S has the Euroarms '58 Remmy's for $190.00

www.ssfirearms.com

The Euroarms is an almost exact copy of the Remington Old Model Army. The first 1600 (I think) OMA's used the Remington Beals Frame with no bbl threads showing.  Shortly after that the New Model changes began to appear after that until the 1863 New Model Army was adopted.

SAS-76873
NCOWS-2955
SCORRS
STORM-243
WARTHOG

Shooting History (original), Remy NMA Conversions, 1863 New Model Pocket Model C.F. Conversion, Remy Model 1889 12Ga. Coach Gun
2nd. Gen. "C" Series Colt 1851 Navies
Centennial Arms/Centaur 1860 Armies
1860 Civilian Henry 45LC (soon to be 44 Henry Flat C.F.(Uberti)
Remingon Creedmore Rolling Block 45-70 (Pedersoli)

"Cut his ears off and send them to that Marshall in Sheridan" Prentice Ritter

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Boots McCrackin

I was wrong about the undersized trigger guard. They are the same size.
SASS# 69483

sundance44`s

Boots i first thought the Euro gun trigger guard was a bit smaller too .. but in compairing it to the others it`s really not ..the trigger is just going forward more when easeing it into half cock .. when cocked to full cock the trigger works normal ..so i never notice it when cocking and shooting .. the back side of the trigger guard is closer to the grip frame than the others too .. it rubs a blister on the front of one of my fingers that is behind the guard . I`m glad to know they are all like that though .. thought it was just mine .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com