RCBS "Rock Chucker"

Started by Cyrille, July 14, 2006, 08:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrille

I have this friend who is getting old [going on 89] and is looking to get a "Rock Chucker" by RCBS, says that loading by hand is getting a bit tedious for him, although he only loads one caliber. Says his 'backlog' is now close to 1,000 cartridges.
  His nephew has an old model 'rock chucker' made for 38 special 357 mag. that he is willing to 'loan' him but my friend loads only .45 caliber Colt. He wants to know if he buys the correct dies and whatever other paraphernalia needed can he use this particular 'rock chucker?'
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Arcey

The RCBS Rock Chucker is a press.  They aren't caliber specific. They'll load just about anything with the proper dies.

I use a Rock Chucker.  It's loaded .38 Special, .357 Magnum, 9mm Luger, .45 ACP, .223 Remington, 45-70 Government and 12 guage shotshells.  What one loads with it depends on what dies one screws in it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

hellgate

What Arcey said. I can add that you also nee the proper shell holder for each caliber. I've loaded 38, 357, 45LC, 223, 243, 7mm mag, 300 Sav, 30-06, & 45-70 on mine. Just swap out the dies & shell holders (and the primer seater if using a different diameter primer [there's only two sizes of seater])
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com