I figure about 7 or 8 this year including:
Last Stand - Florida
Fort White - Florida
Mulecamp - Georgia
Georgia State Shoot - GA
Guns of Autumn - GA
Tennessee State
Maybe Ambush at Cavern Cove - AL

I generally limit mine to shoots I can drive to in a day or preferably less.

I like fun shoots where:
I can shoot most states fast
Some movement on some stages. 
Some stages with variety in design. 
Some humor in the stage write up or design.
Where the ceremonies are fun but not overly drawn out.
Good food never hurts.

What discourages me from going?
Complicated stages,
Matches with more than a few small, further targets,
Stages designed to slow folks down,
Matches with odd local rules (No pistol targets closer than 11 – 12 yards, no running or moving with guns, etc.
Matches that strongly favor "locals" versus "outsiders

I've had some trouble with heat, so I will have to consider that in the future. 

Some matches I would love to attend, but either they conflict with another match or my durn work schedule!!!

Camille Eonich

Marauder, you would love the NC State match!  Except for that part about the heat.  That may not be a problem next year though.  Maybe we'll see you then.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Marauder

Yup, I've heard very good things about NC and have been considering it...

Blackey Cole

About half as many as I wanted to.  I shot a two day annual match in Las Cruces, NM, Winter Range, Founders Ranch Invitational, EOT so far this year, I had planned to hit Mulecamp, and Guns of August but will not make it, I have Smoke in the valley, Boardertown, The THanksgiving SHoot in Tombstone and I hope to shoot the Dixie Desparados Xmas Shoot again this year.  I usually attend matches where I cna work and shoot for free, It doesn't always happen.  I am retired so time is what I got and money is tight right now.  I also Plan pn shooting the NM State match also.  But I look at what it costs vs how much fun I have.  I haven't shot a large match that I will not try to shoot agin but I try to limit it to no more than one a month only if money is available.
SASS, NRA, NMSA
NRA  RSO
SASS RO II
Gaming Gunfighter in Training

Greeenriver

Rockford, MI., anual 2 day, Michigan State BP shoot, True Grit Jr., in IL, and Fandango, over to WI.  There's more I'ed like to shoot at, but finances prohibit it.  Time is not a problem, I'm retired now and have lots of time, but my income is fixed now and I have to plan well in advance for a multi day shoot.

I would like to  at least once, atend EOT.  Well, maybe next year.

Greeenriver
Very few of life's problems cannot be addresed by a suitable application of high explosives

Never forgive, never forget

Camille Eonich

Greenriver come on to EOT next year.  There's gonna be a bunch of us there from NC again.   ;D
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com