How many

Started by Camille Eonich, July 03, 2006, 02:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camille Eonich

How many matches will you attend this year other than local monthly matches and how do you decide which ones you are going to go to?

So I'm talking about annual matches, special matches, two day matches, state, regionals, world, national etc.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Camille Eonich

And?  Ya only got 50% going right now.  You still have half the question to answer.   :D
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

McMate

VA State, NE Regional, NC State

3 at this point --------------- for the family for the rest of the year

time of the year, time off from work

Micheal Fortune

Well probably none, but that's still 18 matches a year....... maybe next year   :)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Doc Shapiro

3 right now, maybe 4. 

High Sierra was Memorial Day weekend.  I shoot that one as I am helping to work it and it's a heck of a great match!

The W3G World Cup.  W3G is a ton of fun and the people are great. 

Shootout at Saddle Butte (in Oregon).  I'm teaching a Ladies only shooting school there right before the match.  So I'll just stick around and shoot it.  They also put on a fantastic match.

Maybe, maybe not the CA State Championship.  It's close enough that I can drive, but I'm not sure if I'm interested in shooting it.  Haven't made up my mind.

Camille Eonich

We got the Great Nor'Easter  ;D, The Uprising at Swearing Creek, Mason Dixon Stampede, Star City Shootout, and the Big Iron Showdown, two day shoot at Lost River AKA Rendevous

I really want to do the TN State Championship too. ;D  Would like to do West Virginia too but that's too much too close. :-\
― Clint Eastwood

Hedley Lamarr

Winter Range, End of Trail, WA ST Championships, and Standoff at Smokey Point.
I work weekends, so I only have the chance to go to any match if I take time off. So I pick and choose the most fun ones.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

Camille Eonich

I forgot to count the two I have already been to, Mule Camp and Raid on Andersonville.

A bunch of us are going to Possum Trot in a couple of weekends.  That's their monthly match but it will be a two day event for us.   ;D

There's a bunch of us that travle together and that's how we usually pick what matches we'll be going to.  We decided to go the The Great Nor'Easter because of the location, we have never been to New England before, and because we have heard that the New Hampshire state championship is a lot of fun.  I'm really excited about that match and that whole trip.
― Clint Eastwood

Wymore Wrangler

Shot the NCOWS three day with the Fort Demonies Rangers in June.  Going to shot the Gunfire in the Hills at Logan Iowa in September, if I can get the vacation I might shoot the Kansas State SASS match...
Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

litl rooster

I try to shoot at least two local clubs a month, includin Jan Feb and March. I would also like to shoot the Big Iron, if I can get the time off from work. I just completed my first year in CAS so I really don't feel I am good enuff to shoot in any championships yet.  Time off from work is the biggest factor in shooting for us here.

Miss Camille, I believe you also shot at the Roundup
Mathew 5.9

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Camille Eonich on July 03, 2006, 02:22:52 PM
And?  Ya only got 50% going right now.  You still have half the question to answer.   :D
I flip a cow chip.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Sacramento Johnson

Howdy!
Right now; three big matches.  We (me and my pard, Innocent Bystander) did a local UT club's annual in May (the best one so far!) and Siege at San Juan in CO in May, and will try to get to John Wayne in Sept in S. Cal.
As for how we decide, well it's a combo of, in no particular order:
1. Availability of time off; we only have so much vacation time.
2. Distance to shoot; we prefer to drive (we're in Las Vegas, NV) Flying adds cost and complexity (especially as we shoot only BP at these big away matches).
3. Nature of shoot; we don't like big and fast speed shoots (very common in this part of the country, unfortunately for us...)
4. Weather; we don't like shooting in the heat.  We look for cooler places to go to.

Driftwood Johnson

I'm getting pretty lazy this year. One regional at the end of July (by the way, I expect to meet you there), and one state match that happened a month ago in the rain. I'm feeling kind of cheap this year, the gas isn't too bad but I don't want to pay a lot of hotel bills this year.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Camille Eonich

Looking forward to meeting you Driftwood.

Hotels are getting bad.  :(
― Clint Eastwood

Tensleep

I try to shoot at least two monthlies every month, sometimes three.
So far I (and Miz Annie) have shot Pigeon Forge, Raid on Andersonville, Blue Ridge Roundup, Thunder in the Brush and End of Trail, all multiple day matches.

Scheduled now are New England Regional, Uprising at Swearing Creek, Northeast Regional, Star City Shootout, Rendevous at Lost River, again, all multiple day matches.

Retirement has made travel easier as far as time away is concerned but the price of gas, matches and hotels are sure making it tougher every day.

I would like to shoot Guns of August, the Missouri State Championship (again) West VA State Championship and Big Iron Showdown.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Stump Water

Quote from: Camille Eonich on July 04, 2006, 08:40:37 AM
I forgot to count the two I have already been to, Mule Camp and Raid on Andersonville.

Three.... Roundup!

Camille Eonich

― Clint Eastwood

Dakota Dan from OZ

At this stage 6 for the year.

1 Shootout at Billy Goat Hill(Aust)
2 Revenge of Montezuma (USA)
3 EOT 2006 (USA)
4 Warm Up at Narabri (Aust)
5 Nationals (Aust)
6 Blackpowder Champs (Aust)

DD
My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Carolina Lead Foot

2 - Mule Camp and State.  Lack of time and money.   :-[

CLF who does shoot around 3 matches a month (local)  ;D
Believer in the Almighty
Warthog