Thinkin about gitin a new Shotshell Reloader

Started by Missouri Marshal, June 28, 2006, 12:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Marshal

Howdy Pards,
  I'm thinkin about gitin a new shotshell reloader.  Been usin a Lee Load All and it does ok but it is slow.  Want something that is a little quicker, turns out good shells and won't break the bank.  Any recomendations?
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

hellgate

Get a MEC 600 Jr or similar single stage (not progressive) press. I've had mine since the mid 1960s and they never wear out. You may need to replace the wad guide fingers once in a blue moon but the MEC is indestructible. you can probably pick one up on Ebay for a very reasonable price. Shipping might be a big part of the cost but they are like the Eveready rabbit. Put in an Ebay search for MEC 600 jr and see what comes up. I know they are out there.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Camille Eonich

"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Digem Deep

Howdy MM

I have an older MEC Grabber. I really like it. It has the collet sizer, that can be useful being you shoot a double most of the time. It is a progressive press. I can load 25 pounds of shot in an evening. Yep, I got mine used off Ebay and have not been disappointed with it.

Dig'em Deep

Driftwood Johnson

I learned to reload shotshells on a MEC Jr. Now I have 2 of them, one for 12 gauge, one for 20. For me, it does not pay anymore to load shot gun for Trap. I can buy Smokeless Trap loads at such a good price through my club that the little bit I would save is not worth the extra time. These days I load all my BP shotgun loads on the 12 gauge MEC Jr, and Mrs Johnson's light 20 gauge loads on the 20 Gauge MEC Jr. The only advwenture I ever had with a progressive shotshell loader was on a used MEC 650 that I bought from a guy at my club. It was so worn out I never could get it to work right and I got so fed up with it I almost ended up throwing it in the river. I was happy to go back to my MEC Jrs.
That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Tricky Trina

This just means he wants me to do more work faster.........................
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Arcey

Ahhhh, boys.....

At this point it may be best ta stay out of it.  Trust me.........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Missouri Marshal

What the hay?  I went to the store today and spent lots of money on her.  I got her 50lbs of shot, 8lbs of powder, 1000wads, and 1000 primers.  Don't want her to git bored when I'm at work. ;D
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132

Arcey

If that's whut ya........  I mean if it's alright wit.......  Crap.........

Get one the MECs.  Ain't sher which one(s) Veeb has, mebbe all 'em.  Swears by 'em.

Last time I got in the middle ah one these they was at the loadin' table, boys.  Ain't a comfortin' feelin'.......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Tricky Trina

Can ya feel the love?

Yep, after I deal with inmates all day I just live to load shotshells....................

See ya at Wakefield................

;D
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Digem Deep

OK, MM you going to let us in on what kind of shot shell reloader that you bought Trina?

Tricky Trina

He can't get rid of me, he just got me....

Oh, the machine...............  ;D

Tricky Trina

Oh, by the way, I like the avatar Dig'em - cool picture!  I love action shots!!

Texas Tall

Quote from: Tricky Trina on June 29, 2006, 03:33:35 AM
Can ya feel the love?

Yep, after I deal with inmates all day I just live to load shotshells.......

;D
Yeah Trina, and you've got ta do all this reloadin for a bloke that gets around tryin ta kidnap sweet young Querider Kate frum across the border ::) ::)

I just don't believe it.............. ??? ??? ::) :o

See ya ................Texas Tall. ;) ;)
If you've gotta cheat ta win, you've only beaten y'self.
SASS# 47630
SA/Aust.2870
GSC 002

PlacitasSlim

I got a MEC grabber old style a couple of years ago on Ebay for $200. It does a good job and I will usually load 8-10 boxes an evening taking my time. I have seen this unit sell for less recently. I like mine over the new style grabber as the new style replaced some of the metal parts with plastic. I have probably loaded 4-5 thousand rounds on it with no problem. ;D

Missouri Marshal

Ordered a MEC 600jr yesterday.  We'll see how sh does with that.

Tricky Trina

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com