Sharing with others

Started by genealogynut, August 17, 2006, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

I would like to urge everyone to share their family memories.  Whether it is from past family reunions (names of people who attended), to wedding articles, achievements of your late relatives, to just funny incidences that happened,  etc. those will be very welcomed additions to this forum.

Teresa

Some of our friends have already heard this story.. and was there to see it.. but it is so good that I have to blab it on here.

I have to back up a bit first.....

Back in May. Out at our lake property..Derek and Danny found an old tin boat that had washed up in the weeds that someone a long time ago had ditched I imagine..
( it was half full of water so that was the obvious reason)
They had hooked on to it with a boat and brought it back up the river to our dock..

Well, one weekend Mark decides that he will pump out the water and use the 4 wheeler and drag it up to the top of the campsite and take it to the first bend in our road..
I thought maybe I would do something cute and crafty  with it ..like fill it with flowers and a wooden sign with an arrow at the entrance to the farm.. just something like that...
Simple enough.. right???

There was about 15 people out there... standing around talking and drinking beer, like the usual weekend at the lake, when Mark hooked on to this old boat with his ATV 4 wheeler...using, of course the original old rotten rope to drag it out of the lake.
Up the hill he came...going at a pretty good clip to I might add....
and as he was dragging it up the hill , he had to go past me and Danny and a few other people as we were talking.
Before I knew it.. never putting down his beer.. Danny said.. "Watch this...! and he proceeds to leap into the boat as it was going by... kinda standing up with his butt in the air balancing himself..... hanging on as his dad just kept on going..
Away they went across the road..  through the gravel.. and headed across the pasture...
Well everyone was howling laughing of course...
It was a sight to behold, I tell you.
The ride was getting a bit wild because we all saw him pitch his beer..and grab ahold on both sides even tighter.. butt still in the air.. and he was kinda bouncing back and forth trying to stay standing in the boat....and they seemed to picking up speed..

All of a sudden.. the rope broke.. the boat stopped, Mark kept going....and Danny pile drived into the front of the boat.. head first.. throwing him out of  the boat..
Well.. it was chaos after that for awhile... we saw the blood everywhere.. and he was trying to stand up wabbling all over the place with his hand to his head and blood dripping off his arm and elbow..
He didn't want to go to the hospital.. so we loaded him up in the truck and took him back to the house and his dad butterfly stitched his wound together.. it was naaaastttyyyyy.. but I have to say.. he did a great job doctoring...
He had to shave part of his hair and clean it out before they could do anything...But they got the job done.
Iin about an hour, he was back at the lake listening to the many versions of what we all saw.. of what we now refer to as...The Cookson Redneck Boat Ride.

When anyone in our group or in my family says .. "Hey Guys.. hold my beer and watch this!"... You can bet that they will be up for a dumb ass award......

(Pics below.. )

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

jensarlou

I think this one puts that nasty spider bite of last summer to shame.  When Danny does something he does it good huh?

Teresa

oh yeah...  ::)

But there is never a dull moment... ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk