An open letter to the citizens, voters & taxpayers of Elk County

Started by Patriot, April 19, 2011, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Heh,Heh, I know exactly who Patriot is. He was unmasked. I have no plans to expose him though. It might affect his business.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 21, 2011, 12:17:04 PM
Heh,Heh, I know exactly who Patriot is. He was unmasked. I have no plans to expose him though. It might affect his business.

Most gracious of you, diane.  Though 'expose' carries sinister overtones, and nothing about my life or business is sinister.  In any event, I, as well, shall continue hold facts possessed about your personal affairs in the strictest confidence.  
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

An additional thought....  If some folks here spent more time focusing on the content of what's being said, and less time worring about who's who to feed their more base nature and desire for background gossip, more valuable debate might prevail.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on April 21, 2011, 11:41:08 AM
One difference between the bully on the playground and the chief one on here.  On the playground the bully had a face and a real given name, on here the bully hides behind a mask of anonymity.

Spoken like a true Saul Alinsky follower who can not debate the facts, but rather must have an individual to isolate and demonize.  Amusing nonetheless.  Of course none of this serves to advance a discussion about elected officials, conflict of interest or the upcoming topic regarding demonstrable abuse of official power by government representatives, now does it?

flintauqua

There are always individuals or small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome. 

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why.  What does the individual or group have to gain (or lose) by the presentation of unadulterated facts or statistical analysis?

Now as for how this relates to this specific Forum topic.  I believe Elk Konnected has been very open about the identity of their members and their agenda.  There are posts on this very Forum that list out many active members of Elk Konnected. 

I know the vast majority of the members of Elk Konnected and I believe their motives to be progressive in the classical sense; a change from the status quo to something new and different.  Not Radically progressive or even Liberally progressive, but Moderately to Conservatively progressive.  If I need to expound on the meaning of the previous sentence, just ask. 

From the nature and content of your posts, Patriot, I infer that your general political beliefs fall into the Reactionary sector of the spectrum coupled with a fondness for Libertarian or possibly anarcho-capitalistic ideals.  Again, if I need to expand upon those terms, just ask.

I find that here, on other forums, blog-spots, television news channels, etc political agendas similar to the one I just inferred upon you get presented without the audience being informed as to who or whom is backing that position.  I mean Glenn Beck and the like do every now and then slip up and make an off the cuff comment thanking the Koch Brothers or one of their many political hacks, but does the the general public know anymore about their political and economic motives then they do about George Soros'? 

The lack of transparency is just as bad on the reactionary right side of the political spectrum as it is on the radically liberal left.

Anyone who chastises the motives and transparency of another person or group from behind a cloak of anonymity certainly should not be shocked when labeled a hypocrite.

Charles M. Durbin
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Mr. Durbin.

First, thank you for the label.  You are surely as entitled to your opinion as the next person. 

If anything I, or others, proffer (anonymously or otherwise) is insufficiently supported or requires further study to clarify, then responsible readers are more than likely going to be willing do their own investigation of the information offered (as opposed to investigation of the messenger).  Any other approach would be 'reactionary', would it not? 

If the basis of your approach to any point made is to question the veracity of the writer based on your knowledge of their identity by name or address, then your premise is shallow, to say the least.  Knowing that information would give you no real knowledge of the author in any case.  Knowing that a person is named Brown and lives at Number 10 Downing in London neither adds to nor subtracts from the content of their speech or writings.  Moreover, if you need a detailed resume in order to evaluate the content of a writer's text, then your focus is obviously not on the information presented.  It would seem you have more an unsettled interest in the author than the content of their message.  If the use of a moniker is consumes so much of your focus, then to debate any issue with you in depth would seem pointless.

Thanks again for the liberal assignment of the labels of bully and hypocrite.  I'll look forward to your next lectures on the appropriateness of judging, name calling and hate.

thatsMRSc2u

Quotebut rather must have an individual to isolate and demonize.

You're kinda the pot callin the kettle black complaining about this one bud. I've been on the receiving end of you doing that very thing more than once LOL.

As for ElkConnected.....if you dont like what they are doing or the way they are doing it...haul your ass down there and get involved in it. From what I've read on here and heard from people they are doing some good getting things done. As someone who grew up there/Severy and whos two oldest kids grew up there/Severy....trying to get something going to improve the opportunities and activities available is NOT a bad thing!

thatsMRSc2u

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 21, 2011, 11:07:00 AM
Sorry Flo, I surely didn't mean to offend you. Not everyone on here is allowed to make quips or poke fun without getting called on it and a few are always watching to see who they can "catch". I think Ross understands I wasn't serious and if not HE can tell me. He doesn't need anyone to run interference for him.

I was not offended. I enjoyed my job in the service and wanted to make it a career. I just couldn't handle what they called leadership. On several occassions I should have ended up in brig. But again I am not easily offended and can handle a good joke even some that are considered tasteless. I wasn't looking for recognition for my service because it was an education and I was paid decently for my time. I still have many friends from those days I am in contact with thanks to the internet and facebook. But yes, I'm insane it's better than the alternative. And I get high on life not drugs.
So on closing, I wish you all a great Easter.

Anmar

Ross,

When I grow up, I want to be like you.  Have a nice easter!
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk