Cooking Pictures

Started by Delmonico, June 20, 2006, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camille Eonich

"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Camille Eonich

Hey Del just click the image button then put the full link to the picture between the [img] s
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Ozark Tracker

Del,  I made a friend of mine a set of racks to hold his ovens up off the ground about 2 or 3 inches. I never did see  him use them l
I was just wondering if that would hurt or help or make any difference? 

each holder just fit the bottom and had 4 little legs down.  he said he could just put the new coals under without moveing anything.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Delmonico

A good friend made those as a gift, Gopher Grease uses them to hang the lid lifters on when he picks them up from where I scatter them.

Thats what I did Cammie, I'll try it again when I get to work and see if that changes anything. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on June 27, 2006, 11:28:13 AM
Burr Oak Slim. 
Don't look like it, but I'll take yer werd fer it since I weren't there.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Ok Slim I recheck the picture, there is a piece of mulberry snuck in on the end, the rest is burr oak. ;D  Din't remember any mulberry, most of it was burr oak. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Ok I did a minor thing wrong, it works from here and should at home now.  Thanks, look for some good tutorials on dutch oven cooking. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

I'z prouda ya, Del.  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Camille Eonich

― Clint Eastwood

Delmonico

See I ain't as dumb as ya all have heard.  ;D (I am a little deaf, but I don't have no trouble talkin. ::))
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

COOL!  I wanna eat now.  I'm... well, you know.  ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

BTW Slim, the Naper Picture has ash as the wood. ;D  I got my choice before I left of what I wanted of the local woods, I said ash would be fine and had a large trailer of it waitin' fer me. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

I have a neighbors boy that cuts my fire wood for the stove in the winter,  he just got done bringing me 6 ricks of hickory, white oak and ash.  $30. a rick delivered and stacked.   I like to use the ash in the smoker too, deliveries a lot of heat with very few sticks.

Delmonico

I'm about 30 miles to far west for hickory, even the farm is about 10 miles to far west, almost never get any of it to use.  The only oak I get is burr or red.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

we lost a lot of the white oak and a few of the red to some different critters, borers and gypsy moths over the last several years,  the forest service has done a lot of clear cuts out here in the national forrest.  but there's alot of trees out here, we live in the Ozark National Forrest,  it has a litttle over a million acres of trees between us and the Missouri border. 

Delmonico

That gives me the creeps, sumthin' could sneak up on ya and you'd never see it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

I don't go out in the woods much during the warmest months, too many snakes, I have friends that will dig ginseng roots in the late summer, he has a set of snake leggings he wears during that time,  during the cooler months I go out a lot to hunt and just walk, you get surprised some time, coyotes, foxes, deer never a bear yet but you get to see a lot wildlife, I really enjoy that.

Delmonico

I'm still digging around and sorting what pictures i have trying to decide what I need.  This is down to Rock Creek Station in 2003, Gopher Grease and I, the lull between dinner and supper, we took 5 minutes and had our picture taken before we unstacked them and went back to work.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Here, this is from the front page of the Midlands Section of the Omaha World Hearld, Aug 31 2001,  I never mentioned to the reporter anything about Esspresso's, He cooked up the caption on his own and I saw it in the morning after the paper was printed.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Ozark Tracker

that picture in the paper makes it look like you were traveling light that day as compared to you and gopher grease,  looks like you got aobut 15 ovens and pots that day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com