Newbrassky

Started by Delmonico, September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

As Ozark opens the doors to the old red barn, there is a hiss of steam, the mornful sound of a long blast on a whistle and the "The New and Improved Steam Traction engine" comes roarin' out of the barn in a huge cloud of smoke.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

Laying on his hammock, satisfied after eating the twinkie in one bite, Trinity looks over at the new and improved steam traction engine.  Better said, Trinity stares at the huge cloud of black smoke and exclaims: "Derrrrrrrrrrn!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

I bet he's a going out to the race track and try and set a new speed record,  I imigine the one now is about 25 mph
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

"Ah don' lahk this none, but that smoke is cooool!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

<Author's Note: that is really one of the UP's 4-6-6-4 Challanger's running about 70 mph through SE Newbrassky in Feb of 2004.  We followed it all morning and watched them service it at Hastings.  They were having a bit of trouble getting the fuel oil to burn clean because of the cold.> ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Delmonico

<I got to touch it.> ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

<<Ooooooooooooooh!!!! ;D>>

Delmonico

<It was oily and sooty, covered the side of my brothers wite pick-up when it left, plus the lens on his vidio camera. :o  At Fairbury we watched it go under US 136, from the viaduct.  I was already oily a rore we got to Hastings.>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

<<If your brother is anything like you, he was probably upset that the other side wasn't covered.  ;D ;D ;D>>

Delmonico

<BTW, did you like my barn? ;D  I made the map, but it's to big to load and when I shrink it you can't read it. ???  I think I need to call my IT guy in the mornin".   I hope he'ds forgave us about the eller-funk.> ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

<<Barn?  I can't wait to see the map.  ;D ;D  If ya wanna email it to me I can see what I can do with it.  Your IT guy might just be a little sore at what you did to him ::)>>

Delmonico

<E-Mule Sent.  Don't drink coffee while lookin', ya know what litl rooster does. ;D>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

<< ;D ;D ;D Got it and what I could see was hilarious!  However, yer right that it's too small to read. :( >>

Delmonico

<I'll send you the fullsize when I get home, I'll send it to slim also.  He'll forgive the ellerfunk when he sees it.>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

As the last of the soot from Del's new steam powered device settles, Trinity realizes he's hungry.  He turns to Ozark: "A'hm hongry!  What is thar ta eat?  Any of Sleeum's cheese an' sausages lef'?"

Ozark Tracker

They having a revival over to the race track park, and I heard they was meeting all day and having lunch on the frounds. I thought we'd just walk over there and eat with em.  I know Mis Collinswood  a'l have all the girls over there,  they'll have extra.

Trinity

"What kahnda revival is Mrs. Collin'wood takin' tha ladies to?"

Ozark Tracker

It's one of them travelling camp meetings,  I think they do healings and savings and speaking in tounges, it's kinda like that one last year, what was his name,

oh Yeah,  Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show

Hot August night
And the leaves hanging down
And the grass on the ground smellin' sweet
Move up the road to the outside of town
And the sound of that good gospel beat
Sits a ragged tent
Where there ain't no trees
And that gospel group tellin' you and me
It's Love, Brother Love, say
Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies
And ev'ryone goes, 'cause everyone knows
Brother Love's show

Room gets suddenly still
And when you'd almost bet
You could hear yourself sweat, he walks in
Eyes black as coal
And when he lifts his face
Ev'ry ear in the place is on him
Starting soft and slow
Like a small earthquake
And when he lets go,
Half the valley shakes

Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies
And ev'ryone goes, 'cause everyone knows
Brother Love's show

[Sermon]

Take my hand in yours,
Walk with me this day
In my heart I know, I will never stray
Halle, halle, halle, halle
Halle, halle, halle, halle
Pack up the babies
And grab the old ladies and ev'ryone goes
I say, Love, Brother Love, say
Pack up the babies
And grab the old ladies and ev'ryone goes...

Trinity

"Ah done heard Brother Love's real name is Diamond.  Ever'body knows a man named Diamond kain' be trusted."  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com