Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1831823 times)

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #1260 on: January 28, 2005, 09:00:22 PM »
Aint nothin' wrong with meat juices!!!  Don' like the 'black = ready to eat' part, however.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1261 on: January 28, 2005, 09:26:27 PM »
Trinity this fella came lookn for ya, clam to be your brother. I think hes hunting a bounty, cus he dont look none like you. Told him dont know anyone like he be looking for.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1262 on: January 28, 2005, 09:43:45 PM »
We're being Heeestorically correct here, thats what the butter is for, to keep it tender while it cooks "SLOW".  Old time cowboys did not eat rare beef, grilled steaks were basted in butter and cooked medium. >:( >:(

"And I am not a cow, nor a boy, I am a Frumpy Fairy Godmother! Bring it over as soon as it stops mooing!"

(Author's note: Notice she didn't say she was imaginary. She really does think she is real! :D )

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Advertising

« Reply #1263 on: Today at 01:30:01 PM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: January 28, 2005, 09:56:03 PM »
Trinity this fella came lookn for ya, clam to be your brother. I think hes hunting a bounty, cus he dont look none like you. Told him dont know anyone like he be looking for.

"Gophergrease, that is mah brother, but you was right.  Fer him to come a-lookin fer me means that he must have been huntin' a bounty or a meal.  He ain' never had much love fer me  :'(  Ah think he was jealous of me cause I learnt ta read"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: January 28, 2005, 10:03:06 PM »
He said he would be in town at the saloon for 2-3 days. So if ya dont want to see him ya mite have ta stay out of that place.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1265 on: January 28, 2005, 10:06:31 PM »
(Author's note: Notice she didn't say she was imaginary. She really does think she is real! :D )

"Jest what d'you mean imaginary???  Miss FFG, ifn you'd be doubtin' yourself, just go ahead and stop it right now!  We won't have none of that from our resident Fairy Godmother, Frumpy or otherwise."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1266 on: January 28, 2005, 10:08:16 PM »
He said he would be in town at the saloon for 2-3 days. So if ya dont want to see him ya mite have ta stay out of that place.

"Thankee Gophergrease.  Ah ain' skeert of him, Ahma goin' ta see mah brother right now!"

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: January 28, 2005, 10:34:49 PM »

"Jest what d'you mean imaginary???  Miss FFG, ifn you'd be doubtin' yourself, just go ahead and stop it right now!  We won't have none of that from our resident Fairy Godmother, Frumpy or otherwise."

"Dear Trinity, I never doubt myself, I know I am quite real. I'm also hungry. What happened to Delmonico and the steaks?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: January 28, 2005, 10:39:24 PM »
"Miss FFG, Ah think ole Delmonico fell asleep at the grill.  Ah done had to go and have a breakfast dinner with Gophergrease in another Thread!  Right now I gotta go to town ta see ma brother, come along..."

Trinity changes back into his old clothes (because otherwise, Bambio would not recognize him) and rides to town.  When in town, he seeks out he seediest saloon and there he finds Bambino.

Bambino greets Trinity with his regular gruffness but together they drink.  Trinity learns that Bambino is not seeking him out for a bounty, but is running from the law and needs a place to lie low for a while.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1269 on: January 28, 2005, 11:11:15 PM »
While everyone else is off runnin' round the country lookin' fer free drinks, Delmonico finishes the steaks his way. ;D  Just seared on the outside, and then cooked slow enough to give them just a hint of pink in the center, but not burned on the outside like H-Bomb powered grillers do when tryin' to make a medium steak.  The melted butter soakin' into them as they slowly cook makes them moister than if ya cooked em rare on a HOT fire. :P :P ;D ;)

Add a bunch a mushrooms and it will be just like the Mark Twain steak that he described. :)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1270 on: January 28, 2005, 11:15:36 PM »
Gopher grease grabs some steaks and his pistols, tell Del hate to eat and run but need to ride to town. You come if you want, going to make shur Trinity isnt geting in a mess.

Heading out to get a fast mule, then off to town.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: January 28, 2005, 11:23:21 PM »
Meanwhile, back in town Trinity tries to explain Delmonico to Bambino.

"Ya gotta watch EVER thing you drink.  Give it a goooood wiff afore commencing ta drink.  Ya gotta watch your boots fer scorpyons, I ain't sure they crawl in there themselves.  Ya gotta watch yer food fer buckshot, even the vege-tibles.  Ya gotta take a bath (!!) or he'll threaten to berl your skin off an Ah think He'd do it! Ya gotta..."

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1272 on: January 28, 2005, 11:24:56 PM »
Finding the cheapest bar in town, with Trinity and his brother. Gopher Grease heads in. Hearing the tell of Bambio, GG has a thought. The gold fields of the Black Hill will be a good place for him to hide. Besides the could be some money to be made up that way.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1273 on: January 28, 2005, 11:26:01 PM »
I now present Mr. Mark Twain

"They have beef steak in Europe, but they don't know how to cook it. Neither do they know how to cut it right. It comes on the tablle on a small pewter platter; it is the size, shape, and thickness of a mans hand with the thumb and fingers cut off. It is a little overdone, it is rather dry, it tastes perfectly insepid, it arouses no enthusiam." This is painfully true if one has in mind such as a porterhouse steak as may be found on many American tables: " a mighty one an inch and a half thick, hot and sputtering from the gridiron; dusted with fragarant pepper, enrich with little pieces of melting butter of the most empeachable freshness and genuineness; the precious juices of the meat trickling out and joining the gravy; archipelagoed with mushrooms; a township or two of tender yellow fat gracing an outlying district of this county of beefsteak, the long white bone which divides the sirloin from the tenderloin still in place."

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1274 on: January 28, 2005, 11:27:28 PM »
Almost forgot I bring you so steaks from the ranch. Mite help get that rot gut wiskey down.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: January 28, 2005, 11:33:38 PM »
Trinity graciously accepts while Bambino grabs the steak and both devour it on the spot.  Bambino mutters something about the gold fields being too much work for his liking.  He is a horse thief by trade and is only interested in stealing horses. 

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1276 on: January 28, 2005, 11:37:19 PM »
I was thinkn of hauling a load of huch up there, Buy it here for $1.00 a bottle sell it for $5.00.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1277 on: January 28, 2005, 11:44:41 PM »
Trinity slaps his head against the bar (don't ask me why, that's just what he did).  "Why din' Ah think about that.  We ain' gotta BUY hooch, we sell mine!!!  I make it using mother's recipe.  I've got several stills around where I been makin' cone-squeezin's fer maself.  Din' never think 'bout sellin' it!!!

We can't sell it all though cuz I gotta keep some fer maself and besides, Ah think Miss FFG likes it too.

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1278 on: January 28, 2005, 11:51:29 PM »
Ya sell a bunch of that stuff ya been maken, ya can sell them trere horses in the morn. They woult remember even have a horse the nite before.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: January 30, 2005, 07:48:50 PM »
"Good thinkin' there Gophergrease!  Bambino, you get to work on the horses and A'll go to mah still.  Ah hope you ain' O-ffended, Gophergrease, but Ah gotta keep mah still location a secret" 

After having one more drink for the trail... heck two more drinks for the trail, Bambino rounds up horses with childlike giddiness and Trinity takes a buckboard and rides off toward the secret still with the same gidiness.  "Ah'll make sure to brang a special bottle back fer Miss FFG!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com