Author Topic: The Kingdom of Ozark Tracker  (Read 272022 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Kingdom of Ozark Tracker
« Reply #1020 on: March 04, 2008, 08:22:13 PM »
RC
     You aint missed much.  Fella don seem to be workin much lately   ;)
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2008, 05:49:09 AM »
Arcey I seem to remember them raisin a bunch a money fer Charity last time you talked about getting shorn.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2008, 09:24:33 AM »
Gonna keep a lower profile this time. Some folks gottah l’il carried away with that. Did bring in some good money tho....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #1023 on: Today at 01:33:01 PM »

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1023 on: March 05, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
I like to keep a low profile too ..problem is I'm as wide as I am tall. Makes me 'a well rounded person' I guess ::)

dutchie
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1024 on: March 05, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »
Mine is a bit shorter than in my picture, finally found someone who can cut my hair the way I like it, had to raise her though, but she knows how Dad likes it. ;D

I tend to let it grow over winter, but like to keep it so it stays out of my mouth.  T'was long one time years ago back when I hunted geese, pulled a big bunch out when it got between the butt of the 10 and my shoulder on a quick shot, 2 1/4 oz of lead #2's pulss a bit.  Try to keep it shorter in summer, hate to see the Cosie go up in flames. :o

Till a bit over a month ago, there was a touch of grey in it and the stash.  Got up the morning after the last surgey and oh y gawd, about half was grey. ::)  Bottom of the stash is grey and if I don't keep my chin shaved it really shows.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2008, 06:21:03 PM »
I have a few errant strands of grey in my beard, which I keep mostly shorn these days.  Maybe it's time to grow some more chops. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1026 on: March 05, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »
I got black hair with what used to be a few red ones scattered here an there.  Looked in the mirror one day an all the red ones turned white and were thicker than the rest.  there's not alot but they sure stand out against that black backdrop.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: March 05, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »
Wish I had the 'nads ta shave it all off……….
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #1028 on: March 05, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
used to have black hair, along about the time I was 36/37 it started turning a little faster, by the time I met Jackie I was 44 and it was about half and half, now it's just all grey, I've got a few black straglers left but ya got ta hunt for em,   course my Dad was grrey by the time he was in his 30's and my granddad was grey and bald by the time I was born.
I still got most all the hair, just changed colors,  I get mine cut pretty short anymore, seems like after it turns, like Leo says it changes as far as how course the hair is,  it's a lot harder to comb and keep like you want it. so I keep it pretty short and don't worry about it. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: March 05, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
Me too OT.
     Lil does a fine job with it, haven't paid for a cut in years  ;)  It also helps with the customers in the first impressions department.  Try to keep the goatee trimmed as well but the dang thing has a life of it's own.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #1030 on: March 05, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »
More white in my beard than on the top of my head. But, more is appearing on the top all the time. My hair is a bit longer than shoulder length. In Jan 2007, it was ta the middle of my back. But, had ta cut it fer a job interview with Sentry Ins. BTW, they didn't hire me.  >:( Should've kept it long. It did get in the way at times like Del's did with his shotgun.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1031 on: March 05, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
Slim, we remember the pics. ;D

My grey hairs have a mind all of their own.  They want to curl where the others are straight, and they're straight where the others curl. ::)  You always know when I'm overdue for a haircut because I look like I just woke up. ;D

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1032 on: March 05, 2008, 09:44:59 PM »
Know what ya mean.
     When ma hair is long it parts in the middle an when it's short it parts to the side.  If let it slide to that inbetween stage it don know what to do an I look like I jus woke up from sleepin one off no matter what I do.
     Looked at some other pictures recently of me workin down on the floor.  Saw some white on the back a my head in them too, but it wasn't hair.  It was my scalp!!!  >:( 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1033 on: March 05, 2008, 10:41:46 PM »
I don't feel sorry you guys and your gray hairs.  I am folickly challenged and I wish had some hair, I don't care what color. I just want some hair.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1034 on: March 06, 2008, 01:44:18 AM »
I don't feel sorry you guys and your gray hairs.  I am folickly challenged and I wish had some hair, I don't care what color. I just want some hair.

amen
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1035 on: March 06, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
Awww c'mon, LR.  You just haven't figured out yet how to market yourself.  Women spend gobs of money on hair products that promise "Shiny Hair".  Just tell them that yours is the shiniest of all and soooo soft that she hardly knows it's there when she runs her fingers through it. ;D

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #1036 on: March 06, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »
Rooster jest tell tha wimmin yer a double naught spy an tha gubmint made ya shave it off so's you could put on wigs an change yer appearence quickly.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1037 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »
Rooster jest tell tha wimmin yer a double naught spy an tha gubmint made ya shave it off so's you could put on wigs an change yer appearence quickly.  ;D

Stead of a Beretta he'd carry a singe six.  Much swaver than Sean Connery  ;D

Roland Deschain

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1038 on: March 06, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »
Who carries a Beretta?

Psshht!  We can surely see who isn't a double knot knowitall around here. ;D  Bond was given the Wather PPK in Dr. No to replace his Beretta after it had failed on him and almost cost him his life.  Later, he finally gave up the PPK to take the P99 in The World Is Not Enough.

Walther now has a new carry weapon: The PPS.  Nice little gun, but darn expensive. :o

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1039 on: March 06, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »
Get a Glock. Load it 'n ferget it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com