Cawfee,Tea,June brides and Bugs.

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 01, 2024, 12:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeaconKC

Well, hit 97 here today, gonna be hotter the next few days too. Of course, our 3 year old AC decides to quit today. Anyway the dealer did get out here and found a clogged line, so thankfully it was nothing major. Hopefully, the service call will not be too painful. Anyway, back to the LGS tomorrow and am gonna pick up a rather sad Mossberg 500, another of those mud-puppies I can't resist.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and Swea'Tea are ready.

I'm about to build a boat.  ::)

'Tis 60 and rain. "Humid. Showers with thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. Highs in the middle 70s. East wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Hair Trigger Jim

We only got about half an inch last night, but some folks got a lot more.  So far I've heard that Columbus, half an hour to the south, got 6 inches last night, most of it inside of an hour.  And that's not the first rain like that this year in the area.

I believe we're already past last year's total rainfall, and I wouldn't be surprised if some spots have doubled last year's total by now.
Hair Trigger Jim

Delmonico

They decided Lincoln was not in a  drought.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

River City John

Enough rain north of us here in Omaha that the Missouri River is going to be in flood stage by Monday.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and Swea'Tea are ready.

No idea how much rain we have gotten in the last few days.

'Tis overcast and mist. "Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2

Coffee and jalapeno jam toast for breakfast  :)

Finished the re-paint of my steel targets, and going to load some 38 wadcutters, generously supplied by Dakota Ike, thank you Sir  :)

Rain and the tropical wave off the east coast went north of us, drawing the moisture toward the Georgia State line. I'm not sure we will see any rain today  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Professor Marvel

Strange yummy chicken suages from target for me! Gluten free, egg free, dairy free, soy freee.....

And coffee. Lots and lots of strong black coffee. Well not so black anymore, the acid is getting to me.

And we got some rain! The grewt southwest is entering a pattern "similar to, but not the same, and somewhat backwards" of the classic
El Nino, and it has the weather guessers completely confused. Got the high pressure and low pressure zones reversed.

Flooding and tornados (unheard of ) in the eastern NM plains, into Tejas,
(Texas for the spanish impaired) and flooding all over from Tejas northeast into the middle america regions.

We will see what the gulf hurricanes do this year!

The great rebuild of the 30 year old back deck is nearly complete. With a small Harbor Freight plastic and aluminum greenhouse for
SWMBO to safely do her veggy prijects in, away from the bugs, lizards, critters, etc that are trying to eat her and our veggies.

Lost all my plants to cut worms one year.  Lost the taters to rabbits and squirrels. Lost what was left to the lizards and field mice.

Now the plants are in plant jail. Greenhouse, hardware cloth, aluminum widown screen , and garden shade cloth, cut thermometer says
100 deg without shade in there. Also Diatameceous Earth. Lots of it. Finally found out

" In our garden we sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the plants that are coming up from seed. We use inverted paper cups with the bottoms cut out for cutworm barriers around small transplants along with diatomaceous earth. Cutworms do their damage at night and hide in the dark during the day"

And I am no longer allowed to water. Somehow I do . Either too much or too little. Even with a little watering system....

Oh and I am not allowed to touch plants without rubber gloves. My skin oil kills em....

More incentive for Mrs Marvel to get moving . Walking is the best PT for knee replacements!

Yhs
Prof whatever

Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Professor Marvel

Quote from: DeaconKC on June 21, 2024, 07:59:39 PM
Anyway, back to the LGS tomorrow and am gonna pick up a rather sad Mossberg 500, another of those mud-puppies I can't resist.
Let us know your plans!
Those mossbergs are trick, one can go retro aka trench gun look alike, or modernisch with a plastick pistol grip stock, or super modern like this

https://1j9e7a.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Mossberg-Combo-100-no-red-1200x578.png

And in the mossy one can add a little rubber block dealy and shoot those cute little mini shotshells. I can get
13 in my mossy ...

Oh and I finally broke down and spent money! Got some pietta model p 1873's and an IAI M1 carbine, almost new.
Somehow they dont seem to go tegether... unless... WW2 wilder bunch?
More on that crap later...

Yhs
Prof grumbles
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Silver Creek Slim

Getting the truck loaded. Heading to NE in the morning.

Slim

DeaconKC

Nice day at Church today, wow it is also our 40th Anniversary. Anyway 96 today. Posted pics of the 500 in the gunoholic thread.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

DeaconKC

Hit 99 today heat index 112, yikes! Watching the ballgame now, nice day at work, picked up a nice 1911, see the gunoholic thread. Y'all be safe and stay cool.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Major 2

Silver Creek Slim

We arrived at Camp Pitsptr at 10 pm. Truck thermometer got to 97.

Slim

Delmonico

Tell everyone hi.  Still slowly putting stuff away.  May get  the desk back together today.Rita and Alex are going to Costco, I am staying home 87 right now it's 89.  103 yesterday, tied record.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Mogorilla

Hi Slim,
We are heading out on Thursday.   Hoping it is cooler for Saturday.    Opted not to camp this year.   

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Mogorilla on June 25, 2024, 11:06:33 AM
Hi Slim,
We are heading out on Thursday.   Hoping it is cooler for Saturday.    Opted not to camp this year.   
76 on on Saturday.

Slim

Professor Marvel

84 in East Mtn.
97 in Abq
Attempts at rain evaporating befor it hits.
From afar it looks like "ghost rain"
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Major 2

Quote from: Mogorilla on June 25, 2024, 11:06:33 AM
Hi Slim,

Good morning, Gent's, ...safe trip Mog I envy you. looking forward to your Videos.

I'm up early, Ferrier is coming early, though I'm (or was) capable it kills my back anymore.
Like a number of other things, I get a service to handle the tasks I used to do myself.  ::)

DeaconKC

Hello all. 86 here right now and sunny, gonna get to 90 today then back up to the uppers 90s for a week. If she feels like it, I'm gonna take the Missus out to the Jeweler to pick out her 40th Anniversary gift. Y'all stay cool in this wicked heat.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com