Cawfee,Tea,June brides and Bugs.

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 01, 2024, 12:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major E A Sterner

The year is going by faster and faster,The CAS Match season is on hope the weather holds out.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Major 2

Quote from: Major 2 on May 30, 2024, 09:03:24 AM

I'm making a run to ACE hardware; I need a rust remover head for my angle grinder.
I want to knock the loose scale off the bottom my steel bullet traps and re Rust-O- leum them.

The ACE Hardware run was a feudal run.
They did not stock the proper arbor diameter size for my grinder manufacturer. 
So, Home Depot, but that was the next day...
Anyway, got the rust buster head and went to work on the bullet stops.

5 years setting in concrete wash had the bases a bit rusty (no real issue there, it is 9MM armor plate)
But I am relocating them, so I decided to freshen them up.

The project is proceeding slowly, working in the morning 7-8 AM and in the evening 6-7 PM, otherwise its it way to unpleasant hot.
when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and Swea'Tea are ready.

It is too early. I mistakenly removed the May thread instead of locking it.  :-[

'Tis 60 and spitting. "Mostly cloudy. Showers likely in the morning  then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major E A Sterner

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on June 01, 2024, 09:08:04 AM
Morning y'all.

It is too early. I mistakenly removed the May thread instead of locking it.  :-[

Slim
Oops, I guess we can go back to "It's all slim's fault " on this one. 😉😁😁
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Dave T

Good morning to all of you. It's  hot and dry here but then May and June are the "hot & dry" months for the Arizona/Sonora desert. It was supposed to be 104 yesterday but it turned out to be 107. Supposed to be 104 today so I suspect it will be 106 or 107.

Had a great cup of Death Wish, Dark Roast coffee this morning. Great way to start the morning and the new month.

Dave

Major 2

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on June 01, 2024, 09:08:04 AM
Morning y'all.

'Tis 60 and spitting. "Mostly cloudy. Showers likely in the morning  then a chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

Can it be retrieved? 
hate it you all might miss out on any "Pearls of Wisdom" or unforgettable oratory on my part   ;D

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Major 2 on June 01, 2024, 10:47:05 AM
Can it be retrieved? 
hate it you all might miss out on any "Pearls of Wisdom" or unforgettable oratory on my part   ;D
I'm afraid not.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Major E A Sterner on June 01, 2024, 09:16:44 AM
Oops, I guess we can go back to "It's all slim's fault " on this one. 😉😁😁
Yep.  ::)

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Got the spark plugs changed, and a nail out of a tire and patched on the Avalanche.

Slim

DeaconKC

Hit a gunshow early today before going into work at the LGS. Traded for a S&W 2nd Model [1917 frame] in .44 Special. Got to the store and was showing it around when another guy HAD to have it, so I walked off with aa nice profit from what I had in it. So bought myself a new Uberti 66 Yellowboy Carbine in .45 Colt and still had cash left over! It's posted up in the Gunaholic thread.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Charlie Bowdre

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 55 and overcast. "Warmer. Partly cloudy. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon."

Slim

Major 2

Quote from: DeaconKC on June 01, 2024, 08:15:47 PM
Hit a gunshow early today before going into work at the LGS. Traded for a S&W 2nd Model [1917 frame] in .44 Special. Got to the store and was showing it around when another guy HAD to have it, so I walked off with aa nice profit from what I had in it. So bought myself a new Uberti 66 Yellowboy Carbine in .45 Colt and still had cash left over! It's posted up in the Gunaholic thread.

Quoting "Dire Straits"

" That's the way to do It ! MONEY for __________" ...love it went Planets align  :D

I want My U-bert-ti

Major 2

Quote from: Major 2 on June 01, 2024, 07:26:49 AM
Quote from: Major 2 on May 30, 2024, 09:03:24 AM

5 years setting in concrete wash had the bases a bit rusty (no real issue there, it is 9MM armor plate)
But I am relocating them, so I decided to freshen them up.

The project is proceeding slowly, working in the morning 7-8 AM and in the evening 6-7 PM, otherwise its it way to unpleasant hot.

UPdate... 1st of all, painting done & the move was made to a new location out being the Garage.

2nd, I'm OK, but I did take a filp

In moving the 160 lbs. bullet stop (VIA hand truck) I did not notice someone (?) had removed the adj. handle pins.
The handle was held in by, I suppose by friction and maybe a bit of rust ?
anyway, as I got about 1/2 way to the new site, the *#@*&& handle pulled out and I landed on my A$$

Delmonico

Here, mostly moved.  Everyone tired.

Got internet, going to have to take desk apart.  Covered with tarp on deck

Riley got out at the old house and went on an adventure,  decided to cross the busy street.  He got hit, rolled3 times and screamed.  Got up, ran home on all four fine, got home wanted in the kids let him in and he hide in the basement under a chair Rita was sitting in.  On small scrape on his cheek.  Doing fine.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major 2

Glad he's fine, how he like the new digs ?

Major E A Sterner

I went to the Boot Hill Regulators CAS Match today and had probably the best match I've ever shot. My stage times were great, I shot clean and when the scores were totaled I came in 4th over all (Total of 22 shooters) and 1st in category (Senior). I even beat a guy that usually finishes in the top 10 at State and higher matches. Now if I can keep this streak going until September for our State championship,I'll be really happy.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

Hair Trigger Jim

Hair Trigger Jim

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on June 02, 2024, 03:12:09 PM
Glad he's fine, how he like the new digs ?

Seems very happy.  Cats like it also.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning  then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com