Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 325447 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #840 on: December 01, 2008, 06:26:22 AM »
Leo, My last last name is Reed, which means Red in Gaelic.  The name Reed is a part of Clan Robertson and Clan Donnachiadh. Clan Donnachiadh can be traced back to King Duncan, The King in Shakespeare's "Macbeth".
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #841 on: December 01, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »
Lil's clans are Harris an MacNiel.  Her brother did a lot of reasearch on maps, crests and tartans before he passed on.  It's a very rich history.  We toasted a beer ta St. Andrew yesterday.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #842 on: December 01, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »
December 1st
     My Yahoo home page tells me that taday is AIDS awareness day.  I'll be sure ta observe it by restraining myself from having unprotected sex with strangers and sharing needles with the junkies in the park.  It shouldn't be too hard, after all it's only one day right? :-\

Disclaimer:
     My appologies to anyone who has contracted this by some fluke occurance.  The whole concept of one special day seemed too bizzare fer me not ta let the sachasm fly.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #843 on: Today at 02:47:54 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #843 on: December 01, 2008, 01:49:09 PM »
Gen. MacArthur leaves the Phillipines by PT Boat to Australia on 12-1-1942.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #844 on: December 01, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
Was that the "I shall return" speech?
     I could look it up but I'd rather hear it from you ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: December 01, 2008, 05:48:34 PM »
Hewas evacuated from the Phillipines in March of 1942. He was appointed Commander of Pacific Forces in Dec. of 1942 while he was in Australia preparing to return to the Phillipines.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #846 on: December 01, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
I'll take that as a "yes".
     I was always too busy studying Patton to get the whole scoop on MacArthur. 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #847 on: December 01, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »
It a day late but it should be mentioned.

The Battle of Franklin was fought on November 30, 1864, resulting in almost 10,000 casualties (killed, wounded, captured and missing) and turning forty-four buildings in town into field hospitals.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Franklin

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #848 on: December 02, 2008, 07:02:42 AM »
Leo, Patton was a very interesting person as well, both of those great Generals were both Masons as well.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #849 on: December 02, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
Can you imagine what the world would be like taday if the powers that be had listened ta Patton near the end of the European war.  Our business with the Soviet Union would have been finished in the mid to late 40's instead of the 80's.  To this day Russia is still a problem politicaly.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #850 on: December 02, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
Both Patton and MacArthur clashed with the President at the time. Patton didn't like the Russians and didn't like the idea of spliting up Grermany, especially with the Russians.  MacArthur clashed with Truman during the Korean War on crossing the 38th Parallel. Truman was afraid that MacArthur was growwing too powerful and that he might run against him in the 52 presidental election. Patton was hoping that the President would put him charge of the occupation of Germany after the War.  Who knows what would have happened had both of them had been able to carry out their plans.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #851 on: December 02, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »
Well I'll pose ya the question Pop.  Acourse it's all speculation, but in yer heart of hearts do you think Patton was set up when he died?  I'm not a conspircy seeker, but it's very plausible.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #852 on: December 02, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »
Not ta step on Pops.

Does anyone really believe Oswald killed Kennedy on his own? Ruby slipped in close ‘nuff ta kill Oswald without help? Ruby dies of cancer in jail when he never had an unhealthy day in his life? This broke down ole cop ain’t buyin’ it.

The mob eliminated Nazi spies on the east coast docks durin’ WWII. The spies just kindah disappeared. The mob supported ole man Joe ‘n his bootleggin’ operation durin’ prohibition. Made the Kennedys rich folks.

Anyone wanna venture a guess at who destroyed Normandy?

Then Bobby went after ‘em after the Kennedys thought they could supplant the mob in power. Bobby died right quick under circumstances the most dorky of security guards could have prevented. Ted was inconsequential ‘n not a threat. Why he’s still alive. Too stupid ‘n scared to make any noise. The people who kept sendin’ ‘im back to office equally stupid ‘n scared to vote ‘im out.

Ya think Patton, who had many political enemies, actually died as a result of a fender bender?  Rommel?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #853 on: December 02, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
Ya know when I was typin the last post the Kennedy thing came ta mind but I left er alone.

While yer on about the mob thing, I found it interestin how Italy changed sides at such a key point an in such a brutal manner.  I don't think either of us er conspiricy guys but some things er just "duh".  Rommel had way too many other things ta worry about at the time.

Never ferget Oswald's last words.  They was perty desparate, he knew there wasn't gonna be no trial an boy was he right.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »
Leo, They made a movie in 1973 called "Executive Action" which dealt with the Kennedy assination . It poses some interesting questions. Years ago, U had to go over to the old Dallas Police station downtown to pick up a prisoner. I had to drive into their parking garage which is underground. It was sorta spooky in the dark. I walked through the back door where Oswald was shot. I was watching TV that Sunday morning and saw Oswald get shot on live TV.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #855 on: December 02, 2008, 06:20:07 PM »
If nothing else, the 'magic bullet' that made no less than five entry/exit wounds conveniently falling out intact on the gurney and not deformed whatsoever.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #856 on: December 02, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »
If nothing else, the 'magic bullet' that made no less than five entry/exit wounds conveniently falling out intact on the gurney and not deformed whatsoever.

My take, as a ol' varmint and deer hunter.  That famouse frame from the Zaprutor film (sp)  anyone who thinks that is from a 156 gr RNFMJ 6.5 bullet travelin' at maybe 2100-2200 fps sure ain't got no idea what bullets of different types do when they hit flesh.  Shot a deer in the head with a expanding bullet that was maybe going 2700 fps when it hit and did not blow any brain matter out of the head, either from the exit hole or from the entrance hole.  (The frame shows what is more likely a over 3000 fps very fragile bullet making and entrance.) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #857 on: December 02, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
  Didn't one of the Dallas Cops in the film coverage yell out " Jack (refering to Ruby) you SOB! when he shot Oswald?..Sort of like he'd known him for some time?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: December 03, 2008, 01:03:00 AM »
Ruby was well known to the Dallas Police. He ran a strip club off Industrial Blvd. which was frequented by DPD officers, on-duty and off-duty. It was not unusual to see Ruby around the DPD station. Rumor has it that Ruby had DPD officers  "on the pad".

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #859 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:49 AM »
Ruby was well known to the Dallas Police. He ran a strip club off Industrial Blvd. which was frequented by DPD officers, on-duty and off-duty. It was not unusual to see Ruby around the DPD station. Rumor has it that Ruby had DPD officers  "on the pad".

so Lynden had his hand in it also
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com