Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 325458 times)

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #820 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:17 AM »
Thanks for reminding us Russ!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: November 20, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »
Lest We Forget!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #822 on: November 20, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
I find it rather  non prophetic that he chose these words “The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here” and yet 145 years later we still remember and hold dear these words
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #823 on: Today at 03:34:07 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: November 21, 2008, 06:57:28 AM »
The world might not have remembered the speech, but it is an important part of American History. The American Civil War was the greatest tragedy that has occured in the United States. Brother against Brother and State against State. The battle of Gettsburg was a turning point in the War and marked the beginning of the end for the Confederate Army. The US was changed forever.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #824 on: November 24, 2008, 06:51:58 AM »
this day in history..................DB Cooper made off with $200,000. in ransom money
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: November 24, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
No body has seen DB or the $200,000. I don't think DB survived the jump. His carcuss and the money are up the mountains somewhere he landed.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
they had this guy on local TV back when he was sellin the money,  I think he lived over by Ft. Smith at Alma.

SEATTLE, Wash. -- Pieces of history from the infamous D.B Cooper skyjacking will hit the auction block Friday and Saturday.

FBI sketch

D.B. Cooper
An Arkansas man who was eight-years old when he found some of the Cooper ransom money along the banks of the Columbia River decided to sell more than a dozen of the tattered $20 bills.

Brian Ingram found approximately $5,800 of the $200,000 ransom given to the skyjacker before he bailed out of an airliner in 1971. The FBI later returned a small portion of the bills to Ingram. He initially had a total of 84 bills and fragments.

“Fifteen of the $20 denomination bills will be offered to the public for the first time in the upcoming auction,” said Steve Ivy, Co-Chairman of Heritage Auction Galleries.

The recovered ransom notes were authenticated in February and placed in protective, archival storage holders by PCGS Currency, a Santa Ana, California paper money authentication service. Each holder has a label with the FBI’s 1971 artist’s sketch of Cooper wearing sunglasses.

The D.B. Cooper cash will be included in a big auction of American memorabilia in Dallas, Texas and online, June 13 and 14.

The highest online bid for one of the bills on Thursday was $4,250.

For more information, visit http://www.ha.com
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: November 24, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »
There weren’t no DB Cooper. The whole thing was dreamed up by the flight crew ‘n they sold it hook, line ‘n sinker ta a fantasy lovin’ public what ate it up. Still do. They split the loot ‘n laughed all the way ta the bank.

Adjusted for inflation, a profitable heist.

Paul is the walrus, Paul is dead.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: November 24, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »
Funny thing with that Beatles deal is they swore they didn't do none of it on purpose.
     Yeah, right.  I think it was a combo of them gittin the ball rollin, then the fans takin over an nit pickin over every little thing.
     Sa far as ole DB goes, I tend ta side with Arcey.  Throw out just enough authenticatable cash (prolly thought it would be found much sooner than it was) ta throw off the dogs.  We all love a good story.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: November 24, 2008, 01:04:54 PM »
I can remember being in College when that Beatle stuff came out, one of the record shops close to campus rigged a turntable to run backwards and played it all the time,  never did hear no messages in there. :o
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: November 24, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »
Most of that stuff was in the album art/pitchers.  Knew a guy who went over both sides of the Abby Road cover with a fine tooth comb and said, "see, see, this means this an that means that".  He was goin so far as ta point out the letters an numbers on licence plates an what each member of the band was wearin that day.  Did the same with Magical Mystery Tour an a few others.
     Like they needed help sellin records...

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: November 24, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
It's the DEVIL"S music!!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: November 24, 2008, 05:21:20 PM »
Whatcha think sells reality TV?
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: November 24, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
Whatcha think sells reality TV?

Morons.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #834 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »
No body has seen DB or the $200,000. I don't think DB survived the jump. His carcuss and the money are up the mountains somewhere he landed.

or is he?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: November 25, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
One of the modern mysteries?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: November 30, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »
     November 30th...
 Taday is St. Andrew's Day.  He's very important in Scotland, their flag is a variant of his cross.  There are several different versions of theCross of St. Andrew out there but the history behind the original is very interesting (they crucified him differnt than anyone else).  I figgure if we can celebrate St. Patrick every year, this guy deserves some acknowedgment as well.
     I haven't looked up a link cause I been in an out all day but will later this evening if time permits.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: November 30, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »
Leo, St. Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland.  St. Andrew was crucified on an Saltire cross. There is an Order Of St. Andrew which is awarded to a select few. We have a Order in Masonry called the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and St. Andrew is prominent in some of the Degrees.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 309
« Reply #838 on: November 30, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
There were several St Andrew sites, but I went with our old friend Wkipedia.  There are a lot of good links off the main page including one about this day in particular if anyone is interested. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Andrew

Glad ya got a laugh about the morons Will.  I calls em like I sees em ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com