Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 325448 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #800 on: November 13, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
I WANNA SHOOT IT!!!

Is there a bounty?  That would make it even better.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #801 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »
Bro. Sleep, You take good care of Ellie Belle till they take care of the cat problem.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #802 on: November 13, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
A cat that big is a chinese buffett!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #803 on: Today at 02:51:10 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #803 on: November 13, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
Had a woman on TV last night said that she had a cat escape from her house...

showed a picture, it looked like a small cheetah, fergit what she called it.
Could be an [urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocelot]ocelot[/url].

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #804 on: November 13, 2008, 08:49:42 PM »
Naw Slim, it wasn't an Ocelot, dern things had BIG ears an' black spots on ah tawny coat.

She called tha name but it didn't sound familiar.

Doan worry 'bout Ellie TLD, we are 'bout 15 miles away. ;)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #805 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »
They had a big cat (liger, cross between a lion and a tiger) that killed a guy over at Broken Arrow, Oklahoma a few weeks back, they must be bad.

Massive liger - cross between lion and tiger - mauls U.S. volunteer to death after he breaks rules to enter its cage

...Peter Getz, 32, suffered fatal puncture wounds in his neck and back as Rocky, who weighs twice that of an ordinary lion and is 20 times more powerful than a human, pounced on him during feeding time.

An investigation was under way last night into why Mr Getz, an accomplished big cat keeper, broke with protocol and entered Rocky's enclosure at Safari's Animal Sanctuary in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

Bleeding heavily, he hauled himself out of the enclosure with help from two fellow keepers but collapsed outside and was airlifted to hospital, where he died last night.

Dangerous: A liger - a cross between a male lion and female tiger
- like the one that killed Peter Getz

...Rocky, who came to the sanctuary from a zoo in North Carolina that closed because it went broke, is so powerful that his toys were bowling balls and he would ordinarily be fed fresh meat via a pole poked through the fence....

....The non-profit Safari's sanctuary is run by volunteers and regulated by state wildlife officials, who were investigating last night.

They will determine whether Rocky will have to be euthanised....the refuge...is home to around 200 rescued animals. Mr Getz had volunteered there for over a year...
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:40 PM »
And I always thought the Liger was a fantasy animal invented by Napoleon Dynamite.  I feel cheated now. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #807 on: November 13, 2008, 09:06:58 PM »
ole Napoleon Dynamite wasn't lying
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »
I wonder if this mystery cat could be one of Jerry Clower's "souped up wildcats"?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #809 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:18 AM »
Good mornin'... 50 an' tha rain has stopped for a bit.

Getz, the man that the liger killed, was a nephew of one of our local shooters.  :'(
The story that they were told was that Rocky's gate was not latched and when Getz entered the runway with a deer carcass on his shoulder Rocky hit the gate which hit Getz knocking him down. Rocky then attacked the meat and also got Getz.
We are praying for the family.

Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #810 on: November 14, 2008, 06:23:48 AM »
Couple of the peninsula folks told me it was his son. Looked it up when I got home ‘n it was Getz. Didn’t match but stranger things have happened or been said. Got werd later it was his wife’s nephew.

Been wonderin’ how RJs doin’.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #811 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »
RJ is OK.
His wife is still a bit shaken as of last Sunday.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2008, 06:57:00 AM »
That Ligar is a huge animal and even though it has grown up around humans, it is still a wild animal. It saw and smelled the deer carcass and reacted like a wild animal.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #813 on: November 14, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
November 14, 1888 - USC Trojans (then Methodists) play their 1st football game.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: November 14, 2008, 07:48:39 AM »
Boola Boola!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: November 14, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
RJ is OK.
His wife is still a bit shaken as of last Sunday.

Thanks.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: November 14, 2008, 06:14:19 PM »
In 1832, on this day the first streetcar ran in New York City.

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #817 on: November 14, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
A cat that big is a chinese buffett!  ;D

KUNG PAO KITTY!!!
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: November 14, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »
Is Jack Black doing the voice overs?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #819 on: November 20, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »
Meant to post this yesterday, but better late than never:

145 years ago these words were spoken over a great battlefield cemetery:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com