Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

Scotch here as well, Clan Henderson ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Charlie Bowdre

Mine too , came over here in the 1750 on some sort of' forced immigration policy'...the Brits and their German cousins  were great at moving folks around in those days. Oh well no hard feelings , worked out fine.

Might not have met all you fine folks!
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Delmonico

Welcome pard.  My family name Carman is desended from some folks who came here in 1631, to Plymouth, wern't on the Mayflower, waited a few years to see if it would work out.  Wern't that welcome in England at the time.   Something to do with churches. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Four-Eyed Buck

Mine hit the shores in the middle 1600's, in the Carolina's......... 8)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Trinity

Quote from: Delmonico on January 29, 2009, 07:28:59 PM
Welcome pard.  My family name Carman is desended from some folks who came here in 1631, to Plymouth, wern't on the Mayflower, waited a few years to see if it would work out.  Wern't that welcome in England at the time.   Something to do with churches. ;)

Oh come on Del.  We all know that you are descended from the Karmanns from Osnabrueck, Germany.  The ones who stayed behind went on to convert beetles into convertibles and later collaborated with the Eye-talian design firm from Turin: Ghia.  It was in the blood though, because you dabbled with VWs also. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Forty Rod on January 29, 2009, 04:19:02 PM
Her maiden name was Funderberg.  She might have been a relative of yours.....but then again, she was a dusky Nubian lady about 6'1" and an easy 225 pounds, and didn't have much resemblance to you at all.

No surprise here.  I've run across several of those dusky Funderbergs/Funderburks in my time. Nice folks, too!  I've also run across some "dusky Choctaws" who may be distant blood relatives.

Texas Lawdog

In 1933, the "Lone Ranger" radio program debuted on Detroit radio.  He was always my favorite program on TV, I guess because of the Texas Ranger connection and the fact that he and I have the same last name.  I even had the William Tell overture as my ringtone when I had a Nokia cell phone.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Quote from: Trinity on January 29, 2009, 08:14:59 PM
Oh come on Del.  We all know that you are descended from the Karmanns from Osnabrueck, Germany.  The ones who stayed behind went on to convert beetles into convertibles and later collaborated with the Eye-talian design firm from Turin: Ghia.  It was in the blood though, because you dabbled with VWs also. ;D

Part right, the English part of the family are said to have settled there after some of the invasion from Saxony. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Forty Rod

Quote from: Daniel Nighteyes on January 29, 2009, 08:58:19 PM
No surprise here.  I've run across several of those dusky Funderbergs/Funderburks in my time. Nice folks, too!  I've also run across some "dusky Choctaws" who may be distant blood relatives.

Diane married a guy named Joe Sills. When we arrived two days before Christmas in a cold, snowy, exhausted, burned out state, she took one look and started cooking.  Joe took one look and said, "COWBOYS! There goes the neighborhood."

They saw the kids had Christmas (Everything was on a moving van someplace) and Diane took Shawna under her wing until everything was delivered and we got settled in.

The first time we visited their house there was a huge Black Power flag on the wall, so when we got organized and invited them over I had a huge Confederate flag on our wall.  Joe took one look and spent the next two weeks laughing his butt off.

Very good friends and somehow we lost track of them.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Willie Dixon

Two main clans (my mom and dad) would be Dixon and Murphy... with O'Neil, O'Clanahagn, Dunne, Brennan, O'Flaherty and others in there as well thanks to Chicago! LOL
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Texas Lawdog

AH! CHEECAGO! That Toddlin' Town!  Hog Butcher to the World!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Willie Dixon

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on January 31, 2009, 05:53:40 AM
AH! CHEECAGO! That Toddlin' Town!  Hog Butcher to the World!

LMAO!!!

"we're on a mission from Gawed!"

LOL

yes I love that movie!
they are also the purveyor of the pizza, the one and only 4" thick pizza, just the way I love them.  A crust isn't the end of the dough rolled up all fancy... it's to hold all the toppings in!
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Texas Lawdog

Willie, You otta see the deep dish pizzas we fixed at the Muster last fall. Del fixed them in Dutch Ovens,

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on January 31, 2009, 10:22:17 AM
Willie, You otta see the deep dish pizzas we fixed at the Muster last fall. Del fixed them in Dutch Ovens,

Yeah but them wern't She-cog-oh style, them were Newbrassky style. ;D

Some how didn't end up with any pictures of a slice of one.  If Wille was from Filley Philly, we could offer him a cheese steak, Filley Newbrassky style. ;D  (I lived near Filley a brief time when quite young and cook near there) ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

I do believe that Del can cook anything in those Dutch ovens and the food is delicious.

Delmonico

Nope, don't think I could do much with liver, pineapple or several other things I can't stand. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Arcey

Grandy Farm Village in Carolina always has fresh pineapple.  Where from I dunno.  Got this press whut cores 'em, if that's the right werd, then someone will dice the things up for samples. I usually have a hunk. Reminds me of why I don't like the things.

Liver – no way in hell.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I shiiped a bunch of pineapples home when we were in Hawaii the last time.  I never had fresh pineapple until we went over the first time in about 87.

Leo Tanner

Out here a lotta folks want pineapple on their pizza :-X  Ma wife is one of em.  It's just plain wrong on so many levels.  Not only is the flavor all wrong, the texture of them tings on a pizza is enough ta spoil yer appetite.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com