Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 324852 times)

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #1080 on: January 28, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »
nah, we did the two-step ham-bone shake and bake!!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1081 on: January 28, 2009, 06:04:06 PM »
That boat seems to be bounching on those waves. He may just be tryin' to hold on to keep from going overboard.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1082 on: January 28, 2009, 06:14:48 PM »
Naw, if ya look close he's about ta do in a bad guy with a large dagger, ya just can't see him in the shot ;D
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Advertising

« Reply #1083 on: Today at 05:15:59 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1083 on: January 28, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »
Leo, You been watchin'  "Navy Seals" too much!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1084 on: January 28, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
GI Jane.  Lil had it on last weekend

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1085 on: January 28, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
either way... way too much! LOL
GI Jane is pretty hot though! that and Viggo is in it!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1086 on: January 28, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »
... that's why there are specific jobs for each person on a Tall Ship and they all have to be in sync... if not, no good things happen!

No tall ships for me.  Gimme a well-rigged two-masted schooner and I'll sail circles around them tall ships!!!!  Unless they start a-shootin' at me of course, in which case I'll just come about 'n disappear over the horizon about 50 or 60 degrees off the wind...  ;D ;D ;D

At the moment, it is entirely possible that I have too much blood in my saltwater-and-alcohol stream.  Thank Heavens that I inherited my alcohol tolerance from the Germans and Scots-Irish instead of the Choctaws!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1087 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:43 PM »
  Thank Heavens that I inherited my alcohol tolerance from the Germans and Scots-Irish instead  of the Choctaws!)

I's a bit Scots-Irish too, get the ornage out, March 17th's a comin' up. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1088 on: January 28, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »
Are you saying us Irish like to drink!?!  ???

LOL

here's a schooner for ya Daniel:

http://georgebuehler.com/Archie.html

sure is a beut isn't she?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1089 on: January 28, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »

LOL

He said Scots-Irish, not Irish, maybe we'll have to get Irish Tom here to 'splain ya the differnce, he wears green ya know. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1090 on: January 28, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Del, I got mine when I was at THE FORT last fall. My 35th wedding anniversary is the 16th of March. I've been known to drink a dram or two of single malt scotch and Bushmills Irish whiskey during the winter time. I'm an eighth Cherokee on my Dad's side along with some Clan Robertson thrown in.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1091 on: January 28, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »
Mom's  mom is the Scot's-Irish, Hickey is the last name.  Need to research sometime.  Not a common name, but there was a Hickey that bought bufflo hides for Lobenstein in Levenworth during the Texas part of that.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1092 on: January 28, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »

You know why God placed alcohol on the Earth, dontcha?  It was to keep the Irish and the Indians from ruling the world!

here's a schooner for ya Daniel:

sure is a beut isn't she?

Abso-danged-lutely!  The schooner has, in my not-so-humble opinion, the best and most balanced rig there is.  She can sail in dang near any direction, and do it faster/smoother than any other rig.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1093 on: January 28, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »
Lil is Scotts Irish/German.  I's mostly a mick with just enough Yugo in me ta give me a last name teachers an waiting room nurses could never pronounce.  Used ta sit there at the doc's waitin fer them ta call me,  all the while wonderin where the guy they kept callin over an over was--he was missin his turn ::)

Roland Deschain

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1094 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »
I've been known to drink a dram or two of single malt scotch and Bushmills Irish whiskey during the winter time. I'm an eighth Cherokee on my Dad's side along with some Clan Robertson thrown in.

My favorite single-malt Scotch Whisky, for the moment at least, is Balvenie Double-Wood.  Och laddie, 'tis smoooooth goin' down. My favorite Irish Whisky, hands-down, is Tullamore Dew (though Jameson's will do).

My Scots-Irish ancestors came from County Fermanagh in Ulster Province. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Fermanagh

My German ancestors (the von der Bergs, Americanized as Funderberg or Funderburk) came from northern Germany, along the Wupper River.  There's even an ancestral castle called Schlossberg.  And of course, my Choctaw ancestors are from Mississippi.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: January 28, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
County Cork here.  Jennings and McBride.

Used ta win bets doing taste tests tween Bushmills an Jameson.  The prize fer winning was not having ta pay fer the drinks.  I was cheatin though, the other contestants really focused on the taste (which is silly after having straight whiskey) the obvious difference was in the color ;)  So long as you didn't let yer eyes get fuzzy it was easy.

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1096 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
Leo, You sneeky lil' devil!

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:02 PM »
My favorite single-malt Scotch Whisky, for the moment at least, is Balvenie Double-Wood.  Och laddie, 'tis smoooooth goin' down. My favorite Irish Whisky, hands-down, is Tullamore Dew (though Jameson's will do).

My Scots-Irish ancestors came from County Fermanagh in Ulster Province. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Fermanagh

My German ancestors (the von der Bergs, Americanized as Funderberg or Funderburk) came from northern Germany, along the Wupper River.  There's even an ancestral castle called Schlossberg.  And of course, my Choctaw ancestors are from Mississippi.

Back in '72 I was sent to Parris Island and the family lived over at the housing area at Burton.  Our next door neighbors were the greatest people you could imagine.  Her maiden name was Funderberg.  She might have been a relative of yours.....but then again, she was a dusky Nubian lady about 6'1" and an easy 225 pounds, and didn't have much resemblance to you at all.

;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1098 on: January 29, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
My father is of German decent.  Wait... he moved here from Germany.  What do you call that?

Who knows where my mother's people are from.  That goes too far back.  All I know is that she's white, blue eyed and dyed her hair blonde for as long as I can remember.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1099 on: January 29, 2009, 06:39:35 PM »
German, I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com