Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 324846 times)

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #1060 on: January 24, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »
Dutchy, That friend of mine that had the alcohol drag boat nemed it "Devil's Plaything".  The boat was painted black and an artist had airbrushed a picture of a beautiful blond wearing only a bikini bottom standing next to the Devil. He had his arm around her.  Willie, you are a man after my own heart.

nice, here's a design I'm working on right now.  I design boats and this one is for the Offshore Super Series Super Vee Light Class.  I don't have the design done yet on the actual cruiser variant yet, but I got the racer done!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1061 on: January 24, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »
Willie , I worked on the injectors on that boat. I plugged water in to the engine and started it. I hit it short a couple of times and then I opened it up. I woke up every one in the neighborhood.  He raced on the Brazos River near Waco.    Did you ever spend much time at Lake Mead? We camped in an area called Willow Beach when we were out there. It is a long way out there from the Texas Panhandle.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2009, 03:56:32 AM »
We used to camp over at Willow Beach!
we mainly used to go to Havasu though, until the smut arrived, now we do the extra drive and go to Mead... it's bigger and harder to find those skanks!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Advertising

« Reply #1063 on: Today at 04:42:44 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1063 on: January 25, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
Willie, My Dad was a reader. He would read about somewhere to fish or vacation and we would go, usually by car. We ever flew up to Canada to fish for trout. He had read about how big Lake Mead was and he decided we needed to go out there and catch some fish.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1064 on: January 26, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »
My buddy has a sloop calls her Hope She Floats.

Greatest Scotch bar in the marina!!

I'm a sailor from 'way back!!!! Sea Scouts, University Sailing Team, etc.  As a matter of fact, I grew up with Jimmy Buffett!!  He and I were in the same Boy Scout and Sea Scout units.

I once had the experience of having to teach a bunch of Coast Guardsmen and their wives how to sail!  Here's an important safety tip.  If you ever find yourself in that predicament, do not -- Repeat, DO NOT -- put husband/wife teams on the same boat.  It works a LOT better if you pit husband-teams against wife-teams!

Anyhoo, if I ever manage to collect enough funds to get a sailboat I'm gonna name it "Roweboat"  (my, ah, REAL last name is Rowe).

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1065 on: January 27, 2009, 02:53:41 AM »
I'm a sailor from 'way back!!!! Sea Scouts, University Sailing Team, etc.  As a matter of fact, I grew up with Jimmy Buffett!!  He and I were in the same Boy Scout and Sea Scout units.

I once had the experience of having to teach a bunch of Coast Guardsmen and their wives how to sail!  Here's an important safety tip.  If you ever find yourself in that predicament, do not -- Repeat, DO NOT -- put husband/wife teams on the same boat.  It works a LOT better if you pit husband-teams against wife-teams!

Anyhoo, if I ever manage to collect enough funds to get a sailboat I'm gonna name it "Roweboat"  (my, ah, REAL last name is Rowe).

dude! that's awesome!  Big parrot head right here!

on another note, you found that out the hard way!?  Oh crap!

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1066 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:23 AM »
...  you found that out the hard way!?  Oh crap!

What can I tell ya?  I was young and inexperienced, and hadn't factored in the delicate nature of the male ego.  :o :o

'Twas a valuable lesson indeed because, as the saying goes, what doesn't kill us will certainly make us stronger.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1067 on: January 27, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »
On this date in 1880, Thomas Edison applied for a patent on his incandescent lamp.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1068 on: January 27, 2009, 07:29:39 PM »
can you imagine a world without Edison or Franklin?!  ...wow...

Daniel, yeah, that's why there are specific jobs for each person on a Tall Ship and they all have to be in sync... if not, no good things happen!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1069 on: January 28, 2009, 08:49:18 AM »
In 1915, President Wilson signed the Act creating the Coast Guard on this date.  Congrats. to Pony Racer and Willie Dixon.   SA  LUTE!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1070 on: January 28, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
were they just common Pirates before that?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1071 on: January 28, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
I guess you could say Jean Lafeat was sort of a coast gaurd captain :D
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1072 on: January 28, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
G-Men, T-Men, Revenuers too!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1073 on: January 28, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »
Speakin of which, it's been a while since we all been down ta the Port of Entry.  That Buffet concert left a lot of casualties :o

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1074 on: January 28, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »
Drink Up Leo, It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1075 on: January 28, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
Brother was out in San Diego a couple weeks back, he saw this, took the picture and sent it to me.  A bit blurry, but: ;D

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1076 on: January 28, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
Del, That's a pretty good lookin' ski boat.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1077 on: January 28, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »
Drink Up Leo, It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

"To our last night on shore
 Drink to the foam..."

Roland Deschain

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1078 on: January 28, 2009, 05:52:56 PM »
the guy on the back almost looks as if he's doing the disco or something! LOL
here's the boat I was on:

... and yes we do believe that Lafeatte and others like him, especially Kidd and Blackbeard who started their own pirate nation in the Bahama's were the forerunners of the USRCS in at least an inspiration sort of way.  we also feel they were the forerunners of democracy in the new world too!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1079 on: January 28, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
the guy on the back almost looks as if he's doing the disco or something! LOL
here's the boat I was on:

He looks like he could be one of yer friends from yer other life. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com