Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 325027 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #1020 on: January 22, 2009, 04:54:38 AM »
I find more glory to Him on the back of a horse watching the sun rise, than standing in some multi million dollar building with a bunch of hippocits who will cheat you blind in business or run over you in the parking lot as soon as they are done asking forgiveness!  They all preach give me money to help thae poor learn the glory of God, I guess they carry Him around in the trunk of that expensive car the donations bought!

Sorry, rant over.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1021 on: January 22, 2009, 06:44:51 AM »
Never a rant when you call on Him .

Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1022 on: January 22, 2009, 08:06:08 AM »
good seein' others post here.
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #1023 on: Today at 04:17:29 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #1023 on: January 22, 2009, 08:14:06 AM »
"Would Jesus wear a Rolex on his television show"?
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »
I find more glory to Him on the back of a horse watching the sun rise, than standing in some multi million dollar building with a bunch of hippocits who will cheat you blind in business or run over you in the parking lot as soon as they are done asking forgiveness!  They all preach give me money to help thae poor learn the glory of God, I guess they carry Him around in the trunk of that expensive car the donations bought!

Sorry, rant over.

Don Williams had a song in the early 80's had a line, "I don't belive that heaven waits, for only those who congrgate."

Red Steagall talks about not bein' herd bound.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1025 on: January 22, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »
Never seen so many folks agreein on the topic :D  It sure is nice ta hear my way don't make me a heathen ;)

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #1026 on: January 22, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
I always said there is nothing wrong with the message , only ...some of the messengers have strayed off the path.

Dutchy

"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: January 22, 2009, 04:43:39 PM »
Leo,  This group of ours have a lot of the same opinions and we get along. There is a certain amount of funnin' among us, but we're all good citizens.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »
Leo,  This group of ours have a lot of the same opinions and we get along. There is a certain amount of funnin' among us, but we're all good citizens.

No place for anyone who doesn't share our opinion ...the right one for sure...LOL

You are right Texas , a better bunch never sat around a fire.
Proud to call it my home site.

Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »
Thank you Sir for your kind words.  I haven't been to Canada in a few years. I've to Calgary to the Stampede and traveled around Alberta and BC.   I've been to Windsor Ontario a couple of times. I paid a couple of visits to the Windsor police Bar.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2009, 05:24:56 PM »
my Grandfather, God bless him had a saying that fit very well for priests, parishoners, and cops...
"They are only men with a collar (badge), only men." 

I never met the man, but I've learned so much from him.  That's when you know the life was full.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #1031 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
Welcome dutchy!!

Don’t believe a man has to go to church ta be a God fearin’ man. In my case, the people in the church run me off. It’s said the people are the church.

Still, I believe one day I’ll be standin’ ‘fore Jesus Christ. I’ll try to suck up the guts ta look Him in the eye ‘n admit I haven’t been much of a Christian ‘n ask to be forgiven.

‘N He’ll say, ‘Arcey, you jerk, be glad I’m in a good mood. Go see St. Peter ‘n tell ‘im I sent ya.’

That's about my stance too.  There are so many doctrines that I know that I'll fail at being a good Christian in someone's eyes, so I don't worry about their eyes.

...of course, I think he'd have to be in really good humor that day. :D

some of my best and deepest thoughts on that subject come when I'm sitting out in the woods, nobody around for miles, just sitting there admiring all the creations here on this earth,  it sure don't look like it came about just by chance,  and I think the closer you come to the earth the more you notice it.
I'm like Arcey on I don't think you have to attend anybody's church in particilar,  that ain't what it's all about.

You said it.  To me there is just nothing like sitting, watching the sun rise and hearing the sounds of nature.  Something I just don't get enough of here in the "city".

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1032 on: January 22, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
You said it.  To me there is just nothing like sitting, watching the sun rise and hearing the sounds of nature.  Something I just don't get enough of here in the "city".

Trin, you said it buddy... I take advantage of my situation being in flagstaff all the time now, every day I'm up before dawn just to enjoy it.  I don't have class until 9:30 so that time is for me.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1033 on: January 22, 2009, 07:56:28 PM »
When I'm up early an have nothing pressing, I like to lay with ma wife an enjoy the quiet hours.  I dunno, watchin her sleep an havin her close an lookin all peaceful is a kinda religious thing fer me. 
     mushy, but true fer me :)
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1034 on: January 22, 2009, 08:56:54 PM »
... every day I'm up before dawn just to enjoy it.  I don't have class until 9:30 so that time is for me.

Better be careful, Willie, 'cause you're startin' ta sound like some of my kin. Your skin might start turnin' Red any day now...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1035 on: January 22, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
Better be careful, Willie, 'cause you're startin' ta sound like some of my kin. Your skin might start turnin' Red any day now...

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm honored actually.
See, I'm a History/Anthropology double major with an emphasis on the American West 1800-1900 and a minor in Native American Studies and my foreign language is Navajo.
So yeah, I'm honored.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1036 on: January 22, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
Never seen so many folks agreein on the topic :D  It sure is nice ta hear my way don't make me a heathen ;)

The Evangelists mostly talk about "a personal relationship with God (and/or Jesus)".  In my personal experience, I've never seen two personal relationships that were identical.  So I guess we ought not to be surprised that each of us has a different type of relationship with the Divine.

In the final analysis, IMHO, all of the world's religions have more -- MUCH more -- in common than we have differences.  Too bad we have to exaggerate those differences.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1037 on: January 22, 2009, 09:14:12 PM »
well said Daniel, well said.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1038 on: January 22, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
... and my foreign language is Navajo.

I am impressed.  Navajo is an incredibly difficult language for an "outsider" to learn/master.

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1039 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »
LOL  not saying it's going to be easy, but I believe it's worth it.  come hell or high water, I'm staying in Arizona.  So, to put it plainly I just felt it would show the respect the tribe deserved if I could speak to the elders in their own language.  I'm actually looking forward to the challenge.  Most classes are 3 units each, Navajo is 5.  Next semester I have a class that is totally devoted to the Navajo people, both past and present.  I'm really looking forward to that one.

Like you said Daniel, we all have more similarities than differences, and in my honest opinion, the indigenous tribes of the Americas had it right and the so called "superior" state powers that be in the three territories messed things up quite badly.  I feel that if we would have learned from the indigenous tribes instead of slaughtering them, we'd not have national debt and still have buffalo roaming the lands.

needless to say that "Dances With Wolves" had a profound effect on me as a child when it came out in theaters.  Still one of my favorites, and I'm still a John Dunbar wannabe!

I was just on the NAU website and found out that thanks to my electives anyways, I'm getting a minor actually in Navajo!  Sweet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com