Hard rubber grips...

Started by LazyK Pejay, November 11, 2005, 03:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyK Pejay

Hey all,

I would like to find some "Colt style" hard rubber grips for my UBerti Cattleman. I have been searching the web, but have found nothing yet? Any suggestions?

Thx,
LazyK Pejay

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

LazyK Pejay

Thx. I saw these but they are not in the Uberti section and I don't think will fit?

LazyK Pejay

Silver Creek Slim

I would think that one of the Colt's should fit but I don't know which Gen the Uberti is.  Ya may want ta give 'em a call.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

LazyK Pejay

Thx. My Uberti is the 5.5" color case hardened Cattleman. I believe the center screw will fit ok?

LazyK Pejay

St. George

On original Colt Single Action Army revolvers and through their newest versions - the hard-rubber grips were fitted to each and every gun.

Even though today's Colt uses plastic - that fact remains.

They're all slightly over-sized for that reason - to accomodate the various differences.

You can get replica grips from Gun Parts Co., Jack First, Brownell's and  Dixie Gun Works - and I'm sure there are more suppliers.

Go to your search engine and type in 'replica Colt grips' - hard-rubber grips - or some variation on that theme.

You'll most likely find more vendors that you'd ever expect.

The outfit -  'Vintage Grips' - made 'actual' hard-rubber grips - but I'm not certain if they're still around.
Those were nice - as long as there weren't any bubbles from the casting process.

If you get a set of over-sized grips - sanding off the excess is easy - and you can smooth them with no problem - just go slow, and remember that on the originals - the fit of grip panel to backstrap was flawless, as those parts were buffed together.

And - since you already want to change the look of your piece - there are checkered faux 'Ivories' that will require the same amount of effort...

Good Luck.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

LazyK Pejay

Thx St. George, I appreciate your help.

LazyK Pejay

Spanish Marshal

Hi from Spain pard:

I´ve a 5. 1/2 Uberti Cattleman also and I put on it a grips from Buffalo Brothers, you can see their web, perhaps you can find something. ;) ;)

Spanish Marshal
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

RRio

Check with Cimarron. They have their own design.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

E.R.Beaumont

Howdy Pards.

There was a time when the afore mentioned vendor had a bad rep for delivering product, after cashing the check.  It may be that things have changed?

Regards, Beaumont
SASS Life#21319
NRA Life, Endowment
CCRKBA Life

RRio

Quote from: LazyK Pejay on November 11, 2005, 03:08:48 PM
Hey all,

I would like to find some "Colt style" hard rubber grips for my UBerti Cattleman. I have been searching the web, but have found nothing yet? Any suggestions?

Thx,
LazyK Pejay

Got a set off a Colt Cowboy you'd be welcome to. Just drop me a line.

RRio

NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

LazyK Pejay

Hi,

Just drove in from Dallas. The last 45 miles was in a snowstorm. I was home (Copperstown, NY) for THanksgiving and did not have a computer. I would be interested in the grips; let me know cost and postage. Thx much!

LazyK Pejay

RRio

Quote from: LazyK Pejay on November 27, 2005, 03:03:32 PM
Hi,

JUst drove in from Dallas. The last 45 miles was in a snowstorm. I was home (Copperstown, NY) for THanksgiving and did not have a computer. I would be interested in the grips; let me know cost and postage. Thx much!

LazyK Pejay

Just PM me with your mailing address. Don't worry about any cost. Merry Christmas!

RRio

LazyK Pejay

Rio,

Good morning, My addr is:

Dr. Patrick J. King
TTUHSC/SOP
1300 Coulter Ave
Amarillo, TX 79106

Have a great day.

LazyK Pejay

RRio

Quote from: Joss House on December 04, 2005, 06:00:11 PM
It is my understanding from talking with the Colt Rep at EOT a few years ago that the Colt Cowboy grip frame was shape differently than a standard Colt SAA.

There lies the problem with Colt. Their reps do not know their own products. I fit a pair of brand new Colt "Eagle" grips to my Colt Cowboy and did an extremely small almount of fitting.

RRio

Major 2

"The outfit -  ' Grips' - made 'actual' hard-rubber grips - but I'm not certain if they're still around.
Those were nice ....

They are still around info@vintagegrips.com Fax 407-831-5346 or ph. 407-331-1324

First , I bought some (claimed ) Rubber grips from Dixie Gun Works these were actually plastic (PVC I think )
I put the on but hated them.

Then, I ordered from Vintage Grips , I bought 2 sets for Vaquero's ( very nice ) but In the mean time I sold the Rugers
So I have these listed Ebay right now... If I still had the Ruger's these would be on them.

I going to order a set for my Dads (may he RIP ) old H&R 999
when planets align...do the deal !

LazyK Pejay

Rawhide Rio,

Just picked up my grips from the office.Thx much sir!

LazyK Pejay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com