December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.

Started by El Peludo, December 01, 2014, 01:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

Ain't nature wonderful,Arcey ;)

39 and dark/damp here. Looks like we're gonna have a wet Christmas here ::)

Got busy and baked almost 5 dozen of the sugar free coffee spice cookies yesterday. Baking for the hoilday is now done ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. enjoy! The Moose is sleeping in the act bedroom, Victoria is napping in front of the fireplace. I am having a piece of fruitcake with my Cawffee. Moose went shopping for provisions for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day yesterday. I'll pick up some smoked turkey and spiraled sliced Ham from our favorite BBQ place this week. We plan on doing snacks for New Years Day parade and Bowl game watching. Baylor is playing Michigan State at Jerry World, We won't be going over into Arlington, staying away from the traffic jams.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Tiz, Buck.

Eaglet's chiseled out a good bit more 'er night. Old man backed off 'n watched a minute 'fore he settled down 'n blocked the view. Thinkin' there's a great chance she'll out 'fore sunset this afternoon.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Arcey

She's out. Exhausted. Be awake in a couple hours screamin' for food.

Delmonico

Got a rule round here, tow truck driver has to call the Sheriff for a stuck vehicle on a public road.   If it's one of them no gravel/no maintenance roads that no one lives on and you ain't got a good reason to be there, you get fined for damage of public property and you have to pay to get the ruts graded out.   Your buddy gets stuck trying to help you he gets the same, farmers got tired of access roads being a mess, has worked real well.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Del, That is a good ordinance, It cuts down on unauthorized folks in unauthorized areas. We got the same weather as Arcey. It started drizzling about 0600. It has been a real dreary day, so far. Oatmeal and Toast for breakfast, to warm the cockles of my heart.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

Today is a good day to be indoors, with all the rain outside. No clue for lunch or supper tonight.

Delmonico

Ice north and west of us, we may get a bit, I'm gonna leave the hubs locked in just in case.  Don't plan on going anywhere.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Many years ago, on the 23rd of December, Santa and his elves went to the North Pole Bar and Grill and really tied one on, stayed out way to late in fact.

Well the stumbled home, Santa made it half way up the stairs and fell, and he puked all over the stairs. Mrs Santa got him and the stairs cleaned up and got him to bed.

The next morning he had one bad hangover, but he had to get up and go to work, he got to the kitchen and his wife was not real happy with him, she made him eggs over easy, real over easy. She put the plate in front of him and as he watched them bob and vibrate he felt worse.

Skipping breakfast, he went out to the shop to help get the sleigh loaded, the elves were in no better shape and as they got further behind one of the runners fell off the sleigh, so they had to unload it to fix it.

Then Rudolph ran off, they had to chase him all over the North Pole, finally they got the sleigh loaded and Santa went in to fill his thermos for the trip. Mrs Claus was still up-set with him and she let him know as he was filling his thermos.

As he headed back to the shop, a little angel came up dragging a tree and she said, "Santa where do you want me to stick the Christmas Tree?"

And that is why to this day we often have an angel on the top of our Christmas Tree.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Delmonico

Quote from: Blair on December 23, 2014, 11:02:06 AM
So what is the story behind the Star?
My best,
Blair

Google it if you want.  Not my concern.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Willie Dixon

lol Del,

that ordinance is pretty cool. 

Arcey, thanks for the link pard!  The half-pint loves it!  I'm starting to think it's going to be a morning ritual for her now.  Her eyes completely lit up.  We sometimes have a cam working around these parts up in the mountains for our local wildlife. 

well it's clear blue skies, unlimited horizon/visibility here.  But windy, and quite cold feeling.  It's supposedly already in the low 50s, but you wouldn't believe that standing outside.
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Blair

Your Angle story was not a concern of mine either, Del. Especially at this time of year.
I just thought you would have a story for the Star as well.
My best
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Delmonico

Cookies for break 110 years ago.  Got lost in the picture, need to get back to work, love the nickle plated coffee pot.  
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

Quote from: Blair on December 23, 2014, 12:49:02 PM
Your Angle story was not a concern of mine either, Del. Especially at this time of year.
I just thought you would have a story for the Star as well.
My best
Blair

Don't read it, no skin off my butt, to many ask questions before doing their own research, got more important things to do than look something up for you.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Blair

And, here is wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season too, Del.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Delmonico

Quote from: Blair on December 23, 2014, 12:56:04 PM
And, here is wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season too, Del.
My best,
Blair

What ever, I've had it up to here with people being stupid and rude and then wishing me a Merry Christmas, but it tis the season for that and it will come around next year again.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico

And once again stupid people can't handle hot coffee, guess that's what they deserve for spending so damn much money on something a $30 espresso machine will do.  Mine is hot to when done, but if I burn myself it's my fault.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/keurig-recalling-nearly-7-million-coffee-makers-n273641

Dang Yuppies anyway.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Blair

I very much agree with you on people being "stupid and rude"!
But, then again being "stupid and rude", is not something some people can help, at anytime of year.
None the less, I still wish you and yours my best anytime of the year.
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com