Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 146013 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2014, 06:19:17 AM »
Mornin'.

Saw the vids myownself. Rather endure the friggin' heat 'n humidity.

Daughter #1 is 34 today. Feelin' my age..........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2014, 06:27:53 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning.  We are all getting older, it is the cycle of life. Moose is leaving for  Atlanta for a vacation to see friends. She will be gone a week. I hope that Victoria  can put up with me for a week. I was sorry to hear about the twisters in Nebraska. I am sorta surprised that we haven't had any around here.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2014, 07:41:12 AM »
Tex your wife is a brave soul. I don't want to go to Alanta armed.
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #283 on: Today at 07:39:34 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2014, 08:01:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 60 and overcast. Had t'storms last night and .8" of rain. "Humid. Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 80s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
Come back from the off-site pantry a bit ago. Saw a yellow early issue Maverick. Youngun had it. Roof rack ‘n a couple surf boards on it. Didn’t see it close but it looked pretty good from a distance.

What’s odd is when I was there last, Thursday past, I saw a white one. Been hot rodded. Cragars or somthin’ similar all round with skinnys up front ‘n fats in back. Other’n sittin’ a l’il too high for my likin’ it looked real nice. Sounded good too.

Reckon I’ll go back inna couple days ‘n see if I can come cross a ’71 Comet GT, white with a black vinyl top.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »
From the State Patrol Helly-copter of Pilger, about wiped out the town, but they are already saying they will rebuild.   

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3EdtV-kwg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
Haven't seen a Maverick in years, winter salt ate them up.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »
Used to have one myself. It was partially eaten at that point( mid '70's). Small 6, three on the floor( used to be three on the tree,but I guess the previous owner broke the shifter collar. Had to get the clutch arm pivot replaced on the bell housing right after I got it. Grabber orange with a checkered interior ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
The ones you see now been rodded out. Got 302's dropped in like Arcey said got the Mickeys on the rear and Hooiser on the front. 

Del the damage there don't look good.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
Thinkin’ the yellow one sat in a garage ‘til granny passed on.

No tellin’ what the white one looked like ‘fore someone started on it.

Other’n those two I don’t recall seein’ one o’er this way inna long time. No Pintos either. Or Vegas.

Fat lady's summer gig got me up early. Time for beddy-bye.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2014, 07:13:01 PM »
Reports I saw say the two went right through the middle of that town ::) :-\

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »
Yep, two of them separate storms, not one with a attached one, were about a mile apart, most times first one dies quickly after the second forms, nope these went in in what looks like a line  up to EF-4 at times.   They will study this one a long time, some folks don't like those chasers, but they drag in the raw data that helps understand the things better.   Thanks to that and improved radar, plus a good spotter net they had almost a 1/2 warning.  Neither death should have happened if people would have done what they should of.  The older brother of the little girl called Mom and told her to get themselves out of the trailer house and somewhere safe, she didn't do it, it will haunt her forever if she lives which is still in doubt.   

I do what may be foolish in storms but have never had anyone with me and if I did they would be willing and understand there is risk, would never do it with the kids, the other day when they were here when it looked bad, we would have all went to the basement if there was a warning. 

Sounds like the old fella simply drove off the road and into the ditch either filming or just watching, sounds like the tornado didn't touch him or so the rumor goes. 

The bank employees went into the vault, was all that was left when they came out.  They are going to start clean-up tomorrow, already got more help than they can transport in it sounds like, thought about going, but they kind of hinted unless you had a really big truck to haul debris, they didn't need no more.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
June 3 1980, Grand Island about 90 miles west of me got hit by 7 of them, the movie Night of the Twisters is roughly based on it.  Hit them hard, they hauled the debris to a park, covered it in dirt and the kids now have a ;place to sled since GI is as flat as a board as anyone who'e ever traveled that section of I-80 knows.   

http://www.philberg.com/hummer_storm_chaser/post17.html
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
They're getting hit again as I type not that far north of last night and there was more about 60 miles west or so of Camp Pitspiter.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2014, 01:51:07 AM »
Where
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2014, 05:24:58 AM »
The coffee is up... Another hot one today chance of Tstorms later.

John Boy and Billy remind me this morning that it was on this day in 1928 Emelia Earhardt refused to stop for directions- today she is kept company by a lost Mayalaian Airline plane- i adlibed the last part
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2014, 05:41:42 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,lR ;)

73, cloudy. 80 some percent humidity. Radar says we've got boomers in the area, but you couldn't prove it here ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2014, 06:22:38 AM »

1928 Emelia Earhardt refused to stop for directions- today she is kept company by a lost Mayalaian Airline plane- i adlibed the last part

Have it on pretty good authority the airplanes are inna underground hangar 'n the peoples are bein' held on the mother wheel only Farrakhan 'n his faithful can see. O'Bama won't know until he hears about it on the news.

Moanin’.

Fed guessers are sayin’ it’s gonna push a hunnert. Groovy.

Me ‘n the fat lady’ll be ridin’ out to the Farmers Market inna while. Thinkin’ I might just sit in the station wagon with the A/C runnin’, the windows up ‘n the shade shut unner the sunroof while she picks out the produce I'm gonna hafta butcher later on.

96 days ‘till fall…

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
Missed this one 42 years ago a burglary took place at a Hotel in DC. 42 years :'(
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Litl Rooster.

'Tis 65 and t'storms. They started about 11:30 last night. 2" of rain so far. "Humid. Cloudy. Thunderstorms in the morning...then a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the morning. Highs around 80. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com