February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, February 01, 2014, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Quote from: Delmonico on February 14, 2014, 10:46:01 PM
Heard a great Valitines joke today, but better not repeat it here, Slim will drive down and whack me.   ::) ;D
I sure would.  ;D

Quote from: Delmonico on February 15, 2014, 06:35:28 AM
Yeast breads I call rolls, quick breads I call biscuits. 
Me too.

Veterinarian coming this morn to give horses shots and take blood for Coggins test.

'Tis -12 and sunny.  "Partly cloudy in the morning...then cloudy with a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Highs in the upper teens. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

pony express

Mornin, all. We went over to the sprawling metropolis of Osage Beach last night to eat too much Italian food at a local restaurant. Sufficiently recovered from that, pancakes are about to hit the table. Yesterday started out around 40 something degrees, but fell to low 20's by afternoon, supposed to go back the other way today. Guess I'll go out and haul some firewood while the ground is still froze on top. If it thaws a bit the truck slithers around every way but the way you want it to go.

Major 2

flour, baking powder, pinch salt, cup buttermilk and some butter > make dough and cut in 2 " squares and bake = biscuits

or in her case  pop one of those round tube thingy's by Pillsbury

Rolls  > add active dry yeast and an egg,  allow to rise fold and allow it to rise again , cut in squares or round cutter and bake ...

in her case ... either call the Pillsbury tube thingys "rolls" or buy a package in the bread aisle.....

like I said... it's the New England Yankee in her  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

The Trinity Kid

Good morning all.

Well, the parents went and stayed at a hotel last night, leaving me to watch the younger siblings.  I hope they don't do that again for a while... :o  They stayed up until 3am watching various movies, including, but not limited to:  Start Trek episodes, Shrek 1&2, and Jurassic Park The Lost World.  I read a book ::)

I made some "impression biscuits" yesterday...  From a Bisquick box.  Just add milk and stir...  Aren't all that bad, far as fake foods go. ::)

Thursday I handed in my 2 week notice at work. :-\  Seems that the boss insulted my best friend, his sister and his mother.  They quit on the spot.  When my friend told me about it, I told him I didn't want any part of a guy that insults a lady.  Of course, chivalry sometimes has a price.  No pay check until I get a new job... :'(  :-\  That means I won't be getting any new C&B any time soon. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Texas Lawdog

The chest cold is really hanging on. I think that I may have had a relapse. I have been watching the mess at Daytona. The ARCA race is just starting.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Quote from: The Trinity Kid on February 15, 2014, 12:35:47 PM
Good morning all.

Well, the parents went and stayed at a hotel last night, leaving me to watch the younger siblings.  I hope they don't do that again for a while... :o  .........."

--TK

Uh Oh !  ;)  

Texas Lawdog

Major, you can keep all that snow up in NY. We have had a beautiful afternoon, which will continue next week. I am hoping that we can celebrate Valentines Day next week.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Blair

Major 2,

I think it was Jerry Clower that called them "whap" biscuits.
These came in a cardboard sleeve and you "whapped" them on the counter to open the cardboard container.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Stu Kettle

Thanks a lot Blair ::) now that you mention Jerry Clower's you done flung a cravin' on me fer some sardines in mustard sauce, & I don't like sardines or mustard sauce :P

Spent all day in North Platte, didn't want to but it weren't up to me.  Did go to the hobby shop & found them pretty well stocked except for .22s, & they even had some of those if a guy needed em bad enough to pay $15 for a hundred. I got plenty at home so didn't buy any. Did pick up a pound of 4895 & one of 4227.   Would have stocked up on percussion caps too but could remember whether it was #10 or $11 that fits best on my rifle & shotgun. Pretty sure it's 11s but not sure enough to spend over a nickel apiece.

Blair

Stu,

Remember these are Jerry Clower's stories. Not mine!
I enjoy them very much because I can relate to them. Been there done that sort of thing, if you know what I mean.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Major E A Sterner

TLD we got another 2 inches today,You sure you don't want some? we have plenty to spare... ::) ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Arcey

Dug thru a box of old valuables (junk) taday 'n thought I'd found a tin of caps. Nope, plumber's grease. Oh well....

Went behind the shoppin' center by the n'er ta be completed road expansion 'n sat awhile. Once I figgered the Porchmuff (native pronunciation of 'Portsmouth') Humane Society truck weren't  droppin' ( Southern for 'release') no stray cats by the back door of the chinese hole, she 'n me did take out. Don't really know what it is or used ta be she got. Had me beef, broccoli, that bamboo lookin' stuff 'n sticky rice. Really ain't sure what all that was either but it did look like brocolli 'n rice.

Damned if I ain't 'bout full 'n an hour later I'll be cuttin' Zzzzzzs..........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

If it was Tuesday i'd a called it Taco Tuesday, LOL, big party up in South Omaha tonight did a bunch of tacos today, not my style but I got a reputation for being able to build them higher and straighter than anyone else, most won't even try them.  ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major 2

HHowwwwwwwwwwwwww!  Shoot this thang  ;D

Loved Jerry Clower, ....Marcel Ledbetter and the entire Ledbetter's family

pony express

Used to hear a lot of Jerry Clower on Mom's radio when I was younger. Only one I can really remember now was when he was up the tree with a bobcat....."just shoot up here amongst us, one of us got to have some relief!"

Major 2

That's the one  ...lynx = souped up wildcat  ;D

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

1" of white overnight. 'Tis 0 and overcast. High of 22.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Mornin', y'all.

Lookin' like a nice day comin' in Yazoo City, Mississippi. Here, not sa much.

Been steady goin' thru 'n tossin' out stuff. Look 'round this mornin' 'n I swear the junk's multiplied. Keep at it I suppose. It'll break nice soon 'n I won't wanna be in here.

Mixin' up some Beef Vegetable soup for the evenin'. Stuck a turkey carcass in the ice box ta thaw yesterevenin'. Maybe Tuesday on that'n.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com