Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 103085 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
In case you haven't heard, Shirley Temple has passed away, bet she don't get near the hub bub of some anti-gun sob that ODed himself.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »
Local news is doing a recap on her here ::)

5, with a WC of -5. Sun's out though ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
Naw. Think when yer found dead with a needle stuck ‘n still hangin’ out yer own arm yer cool er sumthin’, therefore, newsworthy.

Shirley had been mentioned locally here. May she joyfully be in a place where bon-bon's play, on the sunny beach of Peppermint Bay.

In earth shatterin’, breakin'  news; the NTSB has determined the probable cause for the 102912 sinking of the HMS Bounty was Capt. Robin Walbridge’s ‘reckless decision’ ta sail her into the path of a hurricane.

No sh*t? Most everyone knew that when the news broke they were at sea before the thing sank.

The National Transportation Safety Board, your tax dollars at work……
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 10:01:23 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »
Yessir! I slept in this morning. The chest cold has got me firmly in its grasp. The temp is in the 30s and it has rained some.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 435
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »
Me too... felt, like poo yesterday afternoon , then woke up this morn with a sore throat ..that is gone now Headaches and stomach is upset.
Montezuma, has been around too.... :(

I went home  
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2014, 01:05:44 PM »
Be careful with that stuff,M2 ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2014, 03:48:59 PM »
The congestion always goes to my lungs. I have to sleep in my recliner in order to breathe. I have a runny nose as well. Supper is a big question mark. We have enough pot roast left for one more meal. It is either that or some sort of take-out. More freezing rain is expected overnight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
Take care TD... slept a couple of hours this afternoon, and seemed better, now I'm slipp'n some 

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »
Y'all need to take care of yourselves n get healthy. I  know it is hard this time of year with the temperatures going crazy and that funky white stuff falling out of the sky. I have a check up with my GP tomorrow so I'll probably get sick from someone in the waiting room.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »
In case you haven't heard, Shirley Temple has passed away, bet she don't get near the hub bub of some anti-gun sob that ODed himself.
She was a lot more talented.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »
The pot roast was good again. More freezing rain tonight. The warmup starts tomorrow. The cold is not  getting any better. Iam really getting tired of sleeping in my recliner.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2014, 02:01:22 AM »
The wife reminded me I had Dr. Appointment this morning, having a little dark spot on my arm biopsied ) I have a history of Skin cancer.
So I'll have her  (* the Doc. ) give me something for this malady.

I was sadden to hear of Shirley Temple passing, she was of a different generation , but transcended so many...
Loved by the Depression era folks, and we baby boomers enjoyed her films as well...

One of her last films was John Ford's Ft. Apache...as Philadelphia Thursday,  at the time she was just married to John Agar, at 17 years old. 

Agar, raised quite the ire of the country , when he said
 "Who wants to shake the hand of the first man to put it to America's sweetheart?"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2014, 05:24:30 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2014, 06:34:28 AM »
Moanin’, y’all.

Hope all the infirm firm back up right quick.

28°. A chance of snow between noon and 3pm then rain. High near 41°. Breezy with a northeast wind 16 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Tonight; rain with a low around 37°. Breezy, with a northeast wind 17 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Ain’t seen the ‘due to inclement weather’ e-mail from West Point yet but it’s comin’. Lookin' kinda sad up there.

Pork tenderloin, carrots ‘n ‘taters on the evenin’ menu. Greens yet ta be determined.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

-1,no WC ::)

There's quite a gallery of photos of Miz Shirley on my home page this morning ::)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:01 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 4 and overcast. "Cloudy. Light snow in the morning...then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chills to 10 below zero in the morning."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »
Home from the Doc... seems the appointment mook messed the days up it's tomorrow at 6:50AM.... ::)
I was there on time, they open early for working folks....and they apologized.... did not have me on the books ...

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »
Thanks for the coffee, headin out to the Doc's office now.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2014, 09:33:44 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Issued by The National Weather Service
Albany, NY

WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THURSDAY TO 10 AM EST FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS... WESTERN NEW ENGLAND... MID HUDSON VALLEY AND EASTERN CATSKILLS.

* SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS... 8 TO 14 INCHES.

* HAZARD TYPES... SNOW... POSSIBLY MIXED WITH SLEET.

* MAXIMUM SNOWFALL RATES... AROUND 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WITH LOCALLY HEAVIER RATES.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN TO FALL DURING THE MORNING HOURS THURSDAY AND PERSIST INTO THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE DIMINISHING FRIDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS... DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS EXPECTED THURSDAY INTO FRIDAY MORNING. SOME BLOWING SNOW ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN COULD FURTHER HAMPER TRAVEL.

* WINDS... NORTH 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH ACROSS THE HIGHER TERRAIN.

* TEMPERATURES... MAINLY IN THE 20S.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
Better go getcha some toilet paper, Maj. What folks here do……………….

Wunderful aroma emanatin’ from the l’il red one. Only ‘bout four ‘n a half more hours ta wait on it.

Left over turkey noodle soup’s all gone. Sad thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com