Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 103087 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2014, 10:09:20 AM »
warmed up here some now we are getting some needed snow fall.

I have been sick the past couple of days but am feeling better today. I was going to venture out to the gun show, but think I will pass.

ya'll have a good day.

Nice looking ride Majer
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
I have contracted a chest cold over the weekend, a lot of conjestion. I slept in and I just finished my oatmeal and toast. Beef stew for supper again.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2014, 11:18:18 AM »
Snow always makes me feel better, Roo.

It’d be fun to see ‘em out yer way. Got ‘em here ‘n their numbers are growin’ in more urban environments.

The runs made this year, ‘n most of last, have been made lookin’ for specific birds. Yesterday was HK. Born in Norfolk’s Botanical Garden ‘n banded in ’09. Lookin’ like he’s taken a mate, also banded but no one has been able to read the ID yet, ‘n they’re tryin’ to take Honey Bee as their territory.

A photographer caught HK ‘n HH (Azalea), his sister from the same clutch, in a midair altercation over the golf course awhile back. Don’t know of anyone havin’ contact with her since. Reckon he won that battle.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 10:25:31 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
Been snowin' since I got up this morning. Seems to be tapering off now, we'll see. Looks to be about 3" worth looking out the windows. Park has plowed twice so far. I'm running laundry at the moment, will probably go out later and take care of the drive ::) :-\

25, WC 16
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
The temp is in the low 40s, but cloudy. I had some leftover Fritos pie for lunch. The Moose is fixing a pot roast for supper tonight. We have been eating the leftovers from this week. It is hard to cook for two.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
I'll start a pot ::)

We've got 12" or more in some spots in the yard now. Just not losing sucessive falls. Used he blower at the end of the drive. Had to pull start it, starter was froze. Once I got done, tested the starter to see if the bendix was just iced up, it was. Whew! That electric start comes in handy when it's real cold out, so I'm glad it wasn't a mechanical failure.

11 here, WC 4 ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2014, 07:05:29 AM »
Mornin'.

Mostly cloudy with a high near 34°. North wind 8 to 14 mph. Such is life in the lower right hand corner durin’ the wonderful month of February.

Forecast ain’t lookin’ at Thursday’s West Point OFSDAR shoot with much favor.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2014, 07:35:37 AM »
The sun's out here at least ::) It's bright! Only thing nice about the snow is the sorta twinkle off the ice crystals in spots. With the new eyeballs, bright is REALLY bright ::) :o

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis -10 and sunny. High of 8.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2014, 07:55:52 AM »
The driveway & first few miles of road were impassable for the Wife's car, so I had to leave an hour early to get her to Madrid before I came to Grant. That puts me here an hour early  ::)

Happy Monday everybody.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
-8 WC -21 here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:54 AM »
Above zero here for the second day in a row - it's 5 this morning & not too windy. Good thing too - the snow is really light & fluffy.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
got maybe an inch overnight, 16 and sunny here high of 25 expected
,supposed to go to 35 on Thursday but weather liars are calling for S**w... >:( >:(
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 435
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
Woke to 51° and dark...but the dawn saw a bright sunny day headed to mid 70's...

Thanks for the coffee...opp'ed for a big cup at WAWA still 59 cents any size, they are loosing money on me  ;) ( NOT  ::) )

Sketty & meat balls tonight....& garlic bread  
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. This chest cold has really got me. Moose brought me some Muceinix to take. It seems to loosen the connection in my chest, where I can get it up. This is no fun. I fixed some oatmeal and toast for breakfast. Victoria is sleeping in this morning. The temp is just above freezing.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2014, 03:01:08 PM »
Weather guessers didn’t say squat ‘bout sn*w. Morons. Looks ta be slackin’ up. Ain’t stuck ta nothin’

Went ta the NPD K-9 HQ l’il bit ago. 36 years past, us two-fingered typists, called cops tryin’ ta type reports, finally gotta full time secretary. After a couple couldn’t handle bein’ ‘round us with our higher than normal testosterone levels ‘n quit, Betty showed up. She straightened us out ‘n the professional quality of the paperwork goin’ downtown increased dramatically. Hadda retirement party for her taday.

Saw a pile of folks I werked with o’er the years. Damned if they ain’t gettin’ old.

New ‘kids’ runnin’ ‘round outside ‘n messin’ with the dogs with tee shirts on. Guess they want the muscles ta show. T’was a long time ago but I don’t remember goin’ out in weather like this without a trainin’ hoody – zipped up. Dog could be nekked if he wanted but not me. Guess that’s why I held the leash ‘n he didn’t. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2014, 07:45:45 PM »
The weather folks are saying that we will be getting freezing rain overnight. The warm up starts on Wednesday.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -19 and dark. High 10 to 15.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2014, 06:46:34 AM »
Moanin’.

‘Bout thirty ‘n that’s ‘bout it. O’ercast, might stay that way, might not. Ain’t sn*win’ at the moment, ain’t rainin’ either could change ‘n do either - anytime. I dunno, guessers don’t either.

Gonna inventory the pantry ‘n ice box. May wanna do the ‘hunter/gatherer’ thing, may not.

Life by the sea……….   

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:34 AM »
Mornin Y'all,-2 here, way too cold to think about going outside.Have things to do so I got to get them done.Y'all stay warm and dry.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com