Author Topic: 2014 NCOWS National..  (Read 12231 times)

Offline Cash Creek

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • In GOD we trust..all others cash only..
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2014 NCOWS National..
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:35:21 PM »
Only 51 weeks till the NCOWS National..Books you start on the side matches, Texas Jack you can start working on door prizes, Rowdy get the ammo for the 45 Colt shoot off..Jefff I hope you will run the Long Range again...I will start working on the stages..I had someone tell me the rifle targets where so close they thought it was a SASS shoot..well in 2014 they won't think that..May have to print the books on 8.5 X 14 paper so I can get the targets back enough and on the paper  ;D ..
Theme maybe...
Jesse  Rides Again...Wild Wild West..Wars of Texas..Long Branch Gunfight..Save the Alamo..The Bisquick Cowboy...Two for Texas
I have lot of ideas.. ;D

PS going to get a 100 + shooters this year.. Cash
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire…handle with care.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 2014 NCOWS National..
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;) Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
Cash
I'm with you on a 100 + shooters . And I WILL START WORKING ON THE 45 COLT ammo for next year . We will need ammo for the Gatling Gun  . Now Cash we need YOU to have the same weather as this year . Mike Carter we need you to video the shoot . You did an EXCELLENT job .

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:48:47 AM »

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »

Cash:

Most folks I talked to thought the target size/distance mix was pretty good as is.

If it ain't broke, let's not fix it.   :)

Already looking forward to '14....... ;D

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 280
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
I must have missed any announcements or posts but I'm assuming that the 2014 NCOWS Nationals will be held again at the Westside Sportsman's Club in Evansville.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
Yes Johnny it has been approved. Hope to see you in 2014. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 280
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
Thanks Texas Jack. That's good news to me. I've always felt that the Westside Sportsman is the perfect place to hold this event.

You will see me there...  The Lord wiling and the River don't rise.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »
Jay
Will there be Trap on Friday night after supper . I hope so .  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dustin

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »
Rowdy, this year we had a scheduled Annie Oakley match on Friday night. I know several guys shot it and had a blast. I'd almost venture to say more fun was had at the Annie Oakley than a normal trap shoot!

Dustin

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
Dfritschle
Sounds like a plan , I have never shot a Annie Oakley match . But I'm looking forward to giving it a try .  ;D ;D ;D

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »
Annie Oakley match?

Is that where you have to shoot between your legs while bending over using a hand mirror to sight with and moving back and forth in the mine cart?

Count me in.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Cash Creek

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
1. Annie Oakley. This is a last man standing game. Everyone starts off in a big straight line. If the thrower is in a bunker line up behind the bunker, if he is throwing by hand or with a pull thrower, put the thrower in the middle of the line. The First man in line is the first to shoot. The thrower throws one clay pigeon and the first man has one shot to hit it if he misses then the next in line has the chance to hit it and get the person who missed out. This continues down the line until everyone is out. If the first person hits the pigeon then it is the next person in lines turn and so on. If the person shooting misses and the next person misses and the third hits the target then both people who missed are out. If the first misses and the second hits it then the first is out and it is the persons turn who hit it to call for the pigeon. If no one hits the pigeon then all are safe and no one is out then it is the next persons turn. If the first shots and misses and then the second shoots and hits the target and the third shots after the target is hit then the first and third shooters are out. Remember even though someone might miss and the next person shoots and hits the target it will still be his turn to call for the pigeon the next turn. Even if everyone in line shoots and misses it is still the next persons turn in line. Everyone will have a chance to be the first shooter.
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire…handle with care.

Offline Dustin

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 08:57:48 PM »
Cash's explanation is spot on. At one point Kid James was shooting against one of our club members. They ended up as far back as you can get on the concrete pads and neither one was missing. They finally had to flip a coin and move out to the far sides to shoot off. It was some dang fine shooting and amazing to watch.

Offline jefff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »
i think that this is great and i know they enjoyed it.dustin do you want to try some cowboy shooting next year?if you do let me know and i'll bring gear and ammo.thanks again for all you did.jefff

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:49 AM »
Annie Oakley match?

Is that where you have to shoot between your legs while bending over using a hand mirror to sight with and moving back and forth in the mine cart?

Count me in.

RCJ

While yodeling.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 02:15:11 PM »
Jay, I sorta like Wild Wild West ideal. That would give the stage writers a lot to go with. Maybe even work in a wounded shooter, that must shoot with the weak hand. That would be revolver while he is yodeling. Tj

Offline Dustin

• NCOWS Member
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
i think that this is great and i know they enjoyed it.dustin do you want to try some cowboy shooting next year?if you do let me know and i'll bring gear and ammo.thanks again for all you did.jefff

I may think about shooting the shoot through next year. Maybe....

While yodeling? That's a skill I just don't have.

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

that must shoot with the weak hand.

TJ:

I'm afraid that presents a safety issue that I don't think we want to tempt.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »
Texas Jack
The Wild Wild West theme sounds good to me .  If that's what Cash wants then have Dave to print up one of his outstanding Flyers . If we start spreading the word NOW then the members can start making plans for NEXT year . That way we can schedule the vacations early . We are going to have a 100 + shooters in 2014 .

Offline Cash Creek

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
I like Wild Wild West..  ;D

If any of your guys have a idea on the way a national stage should be then sent it to me..and maybe we can incorporate it..and also it might show me how each of us think a stage should be..I know we all have ideas...tell me how far the targets are from the shooting line..and size..I'm sure Duke and I might have miss some things..well Duke might have I don't think I did...  ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com