Author Topic: 72OT hammer spring?????  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
72OT hammer spring?????
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:48:16 PM »
New "72" hammer feels like it requires 10 lbs. to pull back, Is it right to file ( grind) the spring down on both sides liken on my 75's . The 72 springs are tapered& and hav a slight bend at the top,,so i figure if you file at all it should be up from the bottom and no more than 1/2 way up.Take ya'lls advice. Have been hon'n where ever there are deep groves ( from cock'n 40-50 times ,,,,slowly). I thought about shim'n under the spring screw,,,again right or wrong????

Hootmix.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: 72OT hammer spring?????
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »
Takes the same springs as a Colt (or clone) SAA.  Save yourself some pain and strain and just buy a Lee's Gun Smithing or Wolf spring set.

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:59:03 PM »
Thank you for the holler back,but just now ,,i'm a little short of a months pay,. I'v already cut both sides of the main spring ,,from something i read on here,,it could have been you or Mr.,Hoof,and i have been hone'n the the rest of the action,an so far ya'll were right she is getting smoother ,,thank ya.

Hootmix.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:18:57 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »

I was about to make ate same suggestion Pettifogger did except slip the Wolff  spring and substitute VTI's reduced main spring.  Since your short of long green, just take your time and reduce the stock main spring.

Coffinmaker

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
Hey ,thank's i'm goin slow,i believe this hammer spring is stout enough to crack a black walnut. i'd like to ck. back w/ ya'll after i shoot say 200 or so rounds.

Hootmix.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com