Author Topic: Seed for a conversion?  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Seed for a conversion?
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »
Spotted this on Ebay, listed without a cylinder, and thoought it would make a natural for creating an Avenging Angel Conversion??  Price is already pretty high so perhaps someone else has a vision for it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290839762946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
Re: Seed for a conversion?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »

So, why is it a parts gun????  It's the PLAGUE ! ! ! Run .... Run away!!!!

Unless you already have an 1860 and you just want the barrel and grip frames.

Coffinmaker

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:58:20 AM »
Actually, as I understand the offering, it is an entire gun that is described as being in good condition but lacking the cylinder.  This has become common on Ebay, separating new, Piettas into two or three sub-assemblies and listing them there.  From the ones I have noticed, these guys are getting a better than average return by doing this.  At least this one is used, many are listed as brand new and simply have the cylinder listed as a separate part on another listing.  Usually the listings start low enough but the masses drive them to ridiculous prices.  Perhaps many of the Ebay buyers have never heard of Cabelas?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:18:34 PM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »
Because e-bay has a no firearms rule, so only items available are parts.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:03:32 PM »

Interesting.  I don't follow e-bay so I'm not really "up" on their policy.  'Course, a cap gun isn't by federal definition a firearm.  But, it's their site, they get to make the rules.
Based on the fact that Pietta no longer markets their "snubby" in our market, if you want a factory Avenging Angel, I suppose it could be a good deal.  But, since you only beat me to yours by minutes :o why bother?  Realizing when Pietta does market snubbies, they are some expensive.
I'd druthers drop in to Cabellas and fondle a new purchase anyway.  Touch, feel, drool on the counter, that sort of thing.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com