This took three stitches!

Started by Itchy Triggerfinger, September 16, 2012, 07:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy Triggerfinger

I was shooting fairly tame black powder shot gun loads.

Many times if I only need one shell to handle a knockdown I would let fly with both barrels from my side to side. Previously, I had always done this from my shoulder.

This weekend I shot both barrels shot from the hip. I do not think I was griping the shotgun quite tight enough. The breach lever severed a pretty deep gouge in the web of my right hand.

No, I am not gonna hunt down an ambulance chaser, but the TNN I have (not from this last shipment) has a pretty sharp breach lever. I looked at my Stoeger and it ain't much mo betta.

Oh sure, I will do it again. I am who I am, just from the shoulder not from the hip when I let fly with both barrels.

I use less than square black powder loads.

I just don't want anyone to get hurt cause I remained silent.

No so,

Shameless after all

Silver Creek Slim

Your middle finger can also slam into the back of the front trigger,  :o

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Ottawa Creek Bill

Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Tascosa Joe

I can remember the first time I shot both barrels of a 12 ga at the same time.  It was over 40 yrs ago it made a lasting impression.  It maybe why I have a bad nerve in my jaw today.   ;D  I learned not to put both fingers in the trigger guard at once.   ;D
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com