Author Topic: Holster for an 1860 conversion.  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Holster for an 1860 conversion.
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
I am about to order a Kirst Konverter for an 1860 army. I am going to get the ejector assembly as well. I'll be ordering a Slim Jim style holster for it. Will a Slim Jim for an normal 1860 be too tight or drag heavily on the ejector assembly? I guess I am not sure how tight Slim Jims are on the barrel.

Thanks,

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: Holster for an 1860 conversion.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:28:40 PM »
Paul Combest at Red Dog Leather made one for my Kirst/Pietta.  It is high quality, fully lined, underpriced, custom made and fits pretty well.  He has made three other holsters for me.
comb231z@duo-county.com
He doesn't have a website but he sells on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reddog-Leather-Cowboy-Western-Holster-Pick-your-Favorite-/261082469416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc9ba5428

Offline Jeremiah

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. I see from the website he is familiar with CFDA as well. That is what I am going to be shooting in. I will contact Paul.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:38:25 PM »

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
Very often the holsters will have enough leather to make the fit but will just need for it to be reshaped a bit.  If the holster in question does not have a lot of fancy tooling that needs to be preserved then wet reshaping is usually easy to accomplish.  Snip off an appropriate size and length of wood dowel, tape it in the correct area to create the necessary shape alteration.  With that said, many holsters made for the cap and ball will not even need alteration for a conversion unit.

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 07:20:06 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. I see from the website he is familiar with CFDA as well. That is what I am going to be shooting in. I will contact Paul.

So there is now another convert too the CFDA Shootist category.  ;D  One of our members uses a Slim Jim from Paul and it is top quality. 

TwoWalks - Sierra Gun Hawks CFDA
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Jeremiah

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
Yup, at least part time. I've been meaning to do get the conversion put together for a year now. After watching Hank Solo shoot a Walker conversion at the Colorado State Championships if figured it was time to quit messing around and get it done. Hopefully it'll be ready to go by Worlds.

Jeremiah
San Juan Shootists.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com