Author Topic: Pocket Police  (Read 7063 times)

Offline StrawHat

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Pocket Police
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »
Okay, here is a new clone I just recieved.  A 6 1/2" barreled Pocket Police.  5 shot 36 caliber and built on the 31 caliber frame. 

I like them and will pair this up with a 5 1/2" revolver.

Eventually they will both wear American Ivory grips.
Knowledge is to be shared not hoarded.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pocket Police
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »
I also have a pair of these, one was won in a SASS drawing and the other was bought used while travelling through the small town of St Marys, PA.  I really would love to see someone remake the Remington version of this Colt style pistol.   

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »
I keep staring at the 6 1/2 model and wondering "whats up with the barrel ?". Has to be an optical illusion. Anyway, the 5 1/2 in. pocket police is next on my list...

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:45:09 PM »

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
HMMM, noticed that myself and was trying to line up the top photo barl by using the wood grain?  The barl line looks straight but there looks like sumpthin happens at the barl and frame junction?  A steel draftsmans rule laid along the barl top might tell you sumpthin.

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
It looks like it might shoot a bit high.................

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
Using the bottom photo I placed a pencil on the screen and  trie it along both pistols and there is definitely something going on with the angles at the .44s barl to frame intersection.

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
Using the bottom photo I placed a pencil on the screen and  trie it along both pistols and there is definitely something going on with the angles at the .44s barl to frame intersection.

Uh, they're not .44s Bob.  They're both .36 pocket models
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »
And I aint had a dank all day, I swear! 

Offline StrawHat

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
HMMM, noticed that myself and was trying to line up the top photo barl by using the wood grain?  The barl line looks straight but there looks like sumpthin happens at the barl and frame junction?  A steel draftsmans rule laid along the barl top might tell you sumpthin.

Sorry to burst your bubble, and Southpaws also, but the barrel is straight.  Checked with a machinest's rule but more importantly checked it by sighting down the bore, straight as a silk thread.  As for shooting high, don't they all?  The 5 1/2" version does well at 50 yards and that is where I'll sight in the longer one also.

The problem was not the barrel, but the photographer.  I am sure there is a way to get it so both barrels appear parallel but I don't know that trick.  Fortunately, I shoot revolvers better than I do photograpghs!

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »
As I said in my original post I thought it was an optical illusion and based on that I was being a "smart ass" about it shooting high. No disrespect intended..........

Offline StrawHat

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
As I said in my original post I thought it was an optical illusion and based on that I was being a "smart ass" about it shooting high. No disrespect intended..........

None taken. 

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »
Just ordered the 5 1/2 inch barrel version by Uberti from Ables on sunday along with a 1849 pocket..........

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 12:14:25 PM »
So friday I recieved both pistols from Ables.The 1849 was fine but the Pocket Police had so much cylinder end play that the cylinder would not rotate when pulling the hammer back. So I just sent it back for replacement. I personaly have never seen this from Uberti. It had almost 1/8th inch play...............

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
Update, Russ at Ables sent another pocket police and it arrived today. This one is perfect. I'm giving kudos for great customer service.......Southpaw

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
I borrowed a friends original Remington New Model Police and took this photo of it next to one of my Uberti Colt '62 Police versions.  Even with its backstrap, the Remington still looks and feels smaller than the Colt version to me.  I would really love to see one of the manufacturers do a good remake of the Remington New Police Model.  I get the impression that there may have been as many made in .38 conversion format as was made cap and ball only???

Offline Southpaw

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
I like it, Did anyone ever make a repo?............Southpaw

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 05:28:22 PM »
No, I do not think so but I have been wanting them to ever since I first handled this one several years back.  If made correctly, these are also legal as a main match SASS revolver and though they feel a bit light for the job they should be much fun to shoot, if fun is your game!  If Alchimista would make the guns I would make the holsters!   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com