Volcanic Rifle,

Started by CRM, June 10, 2012, 06:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRM

Here is a picture showing the "Volcanics" compared to an Itilian "Henry".

If you really want one, Get in touch with Larry Romano, and he will build one for ye.

Ph #315 695 2066

I don't know what he will charge you, as I am not in business with him, but I do know the man, and he is very good at building custom rifles.

Have fun.

Charlie

KWK

Okay, I'm intrigued. For what cartridge is that chambered? What is the weight of the rifle?

Romano doesn't show Volcanics on his site. He has many interesting rifles listed; his late model Maynard has been tempting for a few years.
Karl

CRM

I expect he will chamber it for this 40 Volcanic, and make it available to you.

That rifle could shuffle, shoot, and shuck a 22 Short.

The 41 Rimfire Darringer cartridge would work also.

Talk to Larry and see what he can do for ye.

Driftwood Johnson

Howdy

I had the pleasure once of handling a real Volcanic rifle. It was very small, more like the size of a boy's 22 than a full sized rifle. Very small and very lightweight.

Here is a photo comparing the size of a Vocanic, at top, to a bunch of Henrys.

That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

CRM

Driftwood,
I really appreciate you man, we love the "Volcanics" ;D

That picture is a "photoshop" creation, and whoever did it didn't do  very good job.
They showed that Volcanic much larger than it really is!

The distance between the trigger and the back of the butt plate should be vertually the same on all rifles (somewhere around 14")
It is easy to see, that is not the case here.

Driftwood Johnson

OK

How about this one? Is this photoshop too? The two volcanic pistols and the volcanic rifle are at the bottom. This fits with my memory of the little Volcanic I held.

That's bad business! How long do you think I'd stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he'd pay me that much to stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

CRM

I believe it is, you would not lay those rifles on top of each other as the picture shows.  :(

Although it could be real.

This picture is much better done and The Volcanic at the very bottom looks correct.

KWK

Quote from: CRM on June 10, 2012, 06:59:02 PM... Get in touch with Larry Romano ...

I was curious enough I wrote a few weeks ago to Larry with a couple of questions, but there was no reply. Several years ago, he answered promptly a question I had on one of his advertised single shots, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Karl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com