Tornados in DFW

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, April 03, 2012, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

Please say a few prayers for folks here in North Texas.

Tornadoes dropping out of the sky all over the area.  Big ones.  Lots of damage already reported. 

Gonna be a long night.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Cole Bluesteele

Yep,  stuck in east Dallas right now.  Pancho, you guys un Rockwall better take care, too.

Ted

Tjackstephens

wish you all the best. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Tascosa Joe

We got the west edge over here in Fort Worth.  I have not been home but the wife just called all we got was rain.  Yippee.  Pancho y'all take care since the storm is about in Rockwall now.  Ted be careful heading home.
T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Delmonico

Sounds like Texas Law Dawg's area got hit fairly hard, he's in Arlington.  No answer on his phone, he and Victoria the Lab were in shelter, he left me a message before it hit.  Another friend in University Park said a lot of cell towers are down in the Arlington area.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Pancho Peacemaker

Me and the clan are in a shelter under Presbyterian Hosptial Rockwall.  Big funnel passed over our neighborhood.  Tornado Sirens have been running for the past 90 minutes straights. 

Mesquite & Lancaster got hit bad.  Big twister (radio says 1/2 mile wide) was on the ground near the Resistol Arena.  That's a heavily populated area. 

Saw some hail the size of a lemon come down.  It's black as pitch outside.

Another cell headed up from the south.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Cash Creek

Glad to hear that you and your family are in a shelter and OK ..keep up posted..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Major 2

Praying for you guys.... stay safe
when planets align...do the deal !

Harley Starr

We had some rotation near Crowley about noon today. Lots of rain and hail too.
A work in progress.

mestiza letty

Heads down an' prayers are up for Texas :(
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Delmonico

TLD checked in, he's fine.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pancho Peacemaker

Just got home.  Family and dog are safe.  We have a few trees down in the neighborhood, but all the homes look undamaged.

Looks like my town dodged the bullet.   Our schools were on lockdown till 5 pm with all hands at "duck and cover" stations.  Poor kids are just getting let out.  I saw the bad forecast and had my wife pull Gretta & Trevor about an hour before things got hairy.

Big twister hit Forney (town just south of us).  Destroyed a bunch of houses and hit an elementary school.  Also hit a big truck stop.  Looks like the national news channels are covering the damage.  Big rigs are scattered all over I-20.  There are reports of injuries, but no fatalities yet.  Same twister went Northeast up to Royce City and then Greenville.  Looks like it lifted before getting to Greenville.

South Arlington took a big hit.  Lots of residential damage on the local news stations.  Mesquite and Lancaster also look bad. 

Red Cross is already setting up just south of here.  Gonna be a rough time for lots of folks.

I do love Texas, but I hate the &*$) spring twisters.

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Texas Lawdog

They had a tornado hit Kennedale and south Arlington.  We had one touch down about a mile west of us(360 and I-30). The sirens went of at 1:45pm and blew till 3:00 pm. Victoria and I retreated to the hall bathroom. We got a lot of wind and heavy rain, no hail. Springtime is Texas! Ya gotta Love it!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tjackstephens

Last month was our time here in Kentucky. Know what you all are going through.  You are in our prayers. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Delmonico

In a month or two it will be our turn.  Just a part of life.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Cole Bluesteele

OK, I spoke with the Berger Sharpshooters who live in the areas most effected by the weather and THEY ARE ALL OK.  No damage to their property. Looks like the good Lord was with us.

Ted

River City John

Prayers going out for our Texas friends. My wife has family in Arlington . . no news yet.

Stay safe, and stay covered.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Pancho Peacemaker

Been in this state 40 of my 43 years.  This is the worst twister outbreak I've been in.  We get these every spring, but not in a big swarm like this.

A friend of mine from the town of Forney ('bout 12 miles south of here) took this photo with his phone:

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: River City John on April 03, 2012, 08:11:52 PM
Prayers going out for our Texas friends. My wife has family in Arlington . . no news yet.

Stay safe, and stay covered.

RCJ

John,

Local news is reporting many cell towers are down and cell coverage is very sparce in some areas.  80,000+ people without power also tonight. 

If I can be of help reaching someone for you, please let me know.

Greg

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Pancho Peacemaker

They say things are big in Texas . . .

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com