Horse Trading at the Convention .

Started by Rowdy Fulcher, January 27, 2012, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D. Goodguy

Trap, BATFE has been notified that we are having the Convention and may have investigators there.  This is considered a gun show.  BATFE rules for gun shows are a little different than just a couple of guys who get together and have no one looking over their shoulders.  Non-licensed residents of this state may sell or buy firearms to other non-licensed residents of this state.   Non-licensed residents from another state: 1.  may dispose of firearms to any FFL.  2. May acquire long guns from FFL's licensed in this state, provided the laws of both states are complied with.  3.  CAN NOT acquire handguns.  4.  CAN NOT dispose of firearms to non-licensed individuals.  There should be a couple of FFL dealers there who could send the gun to your FFL.   The local BATFE office is in Louisville and this would be a 20 minute drive for any invistigator who wanted to get in a little overtime.  A word of warning should be enough.  If you do anything different you are on your own.     JIM

Tjackstephens

Trap, Guess I was wrong. J.D. should know the law. I must be an outlaw. Think you all knew that anyway. Will be good to see you all at the convention. Tj

Thought I was correct as there are always some fellows at the gun shows that set up a table with their personnal guns on them. What I told you is what they have told me. Guess that is within one state though. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Trap

Thanks all for the info, think I have what I need to know.  jt
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

bowiemaker

Pretty much the same thing Jim said, the cards passed out by one of our regular large gun shows in Louisville states:

NON-LICENSED RESIDENTS OF THIS STATE

MAY acquire long guns from and dispose of personal firearms to non-licensed residents of THIS STATE.

MAY dispose of firearms to any FFL.

MAY acquire from and dispose of personal firearms to non-licensed of THIS STATE.

CANNOT acquire from or dispose of firearms to non-licensed residents of any other state.

NON-LICENSED RESIDENTS OF ANOTHER STATE

MAY dispose of firearms to any FFL.

MAY acquire long guns only from FFLs licesned in this state. provided the laws of both states are complied with.

CANNOT acquire handguns.

CANNOT dispose of firearms to non-licensed individuals.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Irish Dave

I'm sure, however, that this refers to modern cartridge firearms. I wouldn't think antiques and C&B arms would be subject to these restrictions -- even by BATFE's standards.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Rowdy Fulcher

Trap
What ya selling ? Do you have a 73 carbine in 44wcf ?
Jeff
What about my knife ? Is it done ? A 6 in bowie with a brass guard and walnut handles .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Trap

Don't have a "73 for sale, sorry.
  What knife?
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Books OToole

I have a cased pair of Navies (Lyman) that I could be persuaded to part with.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Tascosa Joe

I am brining a Black Box Colt Navy to sell.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Captain John Jarrett

I'm looking for these items if anybody happens to have one or all:
Schofield or Laramie from Uberti, .44-40 or .45 for the Schofield and .45 for the Laramie, no .38 please. A used, but not abused, Pedersoli Lightning preferably in .44-40 but will consider .45; round bbl. 26 inch rifle or  round bbl. 20 inch baby carbine.

John.
Captain John Jarrett

Okefinokee Outlaw

I have a Uberti 1873 Colt Peacemaker repro with black powder frame, 7 1/2" barrel, in 45LC that I'd like to sell if I can figure out how to do it.

I'm also considering selling a CZ/Huglu 12 gauge 20" barrel coach gun.

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
I have a few knives I will be bringing to trade or sell .  I hope there will be a 1873 carbine in 44wcf selling dirt cheap ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

joec

Well I can see I need to bring some real money with me.  ;D
Joe
NCOWS 3384

River City John

So let me confirm.
I can bring cap 'n' ball revolvers and a percussion Plains rifle to sell from my collection without hassle?

Or should I just plan on not bringing firearms of any type to sell?

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

J.D. Goodguy

RCJ, you are correct.  No paper is needed for cap & ball revolvers or rifles or shotguns or flintlock firearms.  Cartridge guns are another story, especially repos, since they don't meet the antique status.  See you there.   JIM

River City John

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Okefinokee Outlaw

Anyone interested in a linen duster in size L?  I think this one is called the "Jesse James" Duster.  It's a very large L.  I usually take a L but had to replace it with a M.   I only wore it once.

Okefinokee Outlaw

Correction.  40% linen, 60% cotton.  Color is natural.

Books OToole

Quote from: Okefinokee Outlaw on March 07, 2012, 01:36:39 PM
Anyone interested in a linen duster in size L?  I think this one is called the "Jesse James" Duster.  It's a very large L.  I usually take a L but had to replace it with a M.   I only wore it once.

There are some people that think my trade mark duster needs to be replaced.  I think it has character.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Captain John Jarrett

Captain John Jarrett

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com