Knudsen Hats

Started by Crossdrawnj, January 19, 2012, 10:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossdrawnj

Anyone here on the forum ever order from Knudsen Hats? I like their stuff. Just wanted an opinion of the quality, etc. I see that they have a 5 month delivery time. They do not, however, state if their hats are lined. Thanks.

Crossdraw.

Curley Cole

Howdy

I have 2 hats from them. They will take almost exactly the amount of time to get you your hat. That is the flaw. Both mine came in on time. They will even call you if they need any more info on how your hat should fit. Yhe Major is slow, but good. When I got my hats they fit exactly the first time I put em on...and they both have seen some good use. And yes they are lined.

You can get a hat cheaper, but not much better...

good shootin and if ya get one we want pix
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Crossdrawnj

Thanks Curley. I have had my eye on the Steve McQueen Magnificent 7 hat for a long time. I think it's time to move on it. I am not very patient however. I have been waiting for a W&D rig from Dave Cox of Cedar Ridge since October. The wait is killing me!

Crossdraw.

Pancho Peacemaker

I own four of their hats.  The BEST hats I own.

From order to deliver, they are usually 3 to 6 months.  Well worth the wait.

Video of a couple of my Knudsens "in action":

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Crossdrawnj

Very cool Pancho. I just may have to order one today since I'm hone.

Are they short barrelled Schofields that you're shooting?

Crossdraw.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Crossdrawnj on January 23, 2012, 10:53:22 AM
Very cool Pancho. I just may have to order one today since I'm hone.

Are they short barrelled Schofields that you're shooting?

Crossdraw.

Yep.  3.5" Uberti Schofields.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Pay Dirt Norvelle

I found out Knudsen hats is fairly close to me.  Guess I will have to check them out.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

Crossdrawnj

I'm convinced I'm living in the wrong part of the country.

Crossdraw

Crossdrawnj

Placed my order today for my Mag 7. It's going to be a long 5 months!

Crossdraw

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Crossdrawnj on February 06, 2012, 09:09:00 PM
Placed my order today for my Mag 7. It's going to be a long 5 months!

Crossdraw

Dang, talk about bad timing.  You have to wait one day longer this year, it is leap year.   ;D
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

robtlah

I purchased the hat worn by Henry Fonda in the role of Frank in the movie Once upon a time in the West. The estimated turn-around time Knudsen's gave me was 28 weeks which was acceptable to me. In fact, they finished the job in 22 weeks which was a pleasant surprise. I love the hat and the fact that the precise measurements I gave the hat-maker were followed exactly...it is a perfect fit. Having shopped around and compared prices, quality, designs, etc., I consider that I got an extremely good deal. The fur felt construction seems very durable andthe brim responds well to shaping with a steam iron.
Lawdog Bob

Crossdrawnj

Glad your pleased with the end product. Good to know. The wait is tough: I won't see it until June!\

Crossdraw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com