Author Topic: Roy Rogers tidbit  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Dutch Limbach

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Roy Rogers tidbit
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:30:21 AM »
42 years ago today the Woodstock Music Festival began. Michael Lang who organized the event had originally wanted Roy Rogers to close the festival.

Imagine if you will, after just watching Jimi Hendrix blast out "Purple Haze", Roy Rogers coming on stage and singing "Happy Trails To You."

Roy turned down the invitation.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: Roy Rogers tidbit
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:47 AM »
 ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Ima Sure Shot

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »
Back in the day watching Roy and Dale on TV, the lady that was my babysitter would talk about going to school with Roy in Portsmouth, Ohio.  Sorta took some of the  awe outta "King of the Cowboys".  I always wondered how he could be King, and be from Ohio.  My dad made it rather simple,"Lots of people went west and started new lives, became cowboys." Celeste

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:35:00 PM »

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:29:05 AM »
Cool memory you've shared, Celeste!  Thanks!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »
Yak, Just sent me two web sites that you can watch old B westerns on. From around 1936 on. Been watching several Roy and Gabby, before Dale. They are good. I like the fact that Riders in the Sky has carried Roy and Dale's song Happy Trails on. They close out their part of the Opry with that tune. And so my cowpoke friends, until we meet again, Happy Trails To You. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com