YaaHooo! My new Open Top!

Started by Steel Horse Bailey, August 09, 2011, 07:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

QuoteYou are right of course.

SHB,
As are you!

I like the dime sights as well. A real nice way to do it is with the front sight off an Uberti 1858 Remington. Cut the blade off the sight.....slot the base with a screw slot file.........and solder the dime in place. Then the barrel must be dovetailed.
They look great!

Raven

Coffinmaker

OK, this is Kitchen Table again, but if the front sight is out of the gun, and there is a slot where it use to be, and ascetics are not an issue, Use a dime or a nickel, depending on slot width, add a dab of JB Weld and be done with it.  You can also color the JB Weld line with a sharpie and it'll "Look Fine from the Freeway" (woodworking jargon).  Not that I've ever done that you understand ::)

Coffinmaker

Steel Horse Bailey

Another possible suggestion.  Thanks, Coffinmaker.

I've heard many uses for JB Weld on guns.  Does it really work ... and last?  I used long-drying epoxy once on a gun and the part loosened up slightly within less than 100 rounds.  (The epoxy had about 6 month to cure, so I really doubt that was the problem - plus I was a fanatic when I cleaned off any oil from the parts, so I discount any oil infiltration as well.)  I don't want the parts (an ill fitting front sight on the NMA I mentioned) to loosen completely, and I hardly ever shoot the gun anymore, so that's not a biggie.  It's barely noticeable ... but I can tell.   I'm just asking about JB Weld for the "long haul."
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: SwampMouse on September 19, 2011, 02:19:54 PM
Steel Horse Baily, Makos and Coffinmaker,
I was talking to my partner about these squirrel posts and he showed me this.http://www.box.net/shared/154kr4e0vz And I thought it was all just your overly active imaginations. ;D I wonder if there is a seperate manual for animals?
SM

I don't think so.  The basic zombie-killing tactics are generally the same.  However, those bayonet wielding zombie squirrels can be a real headache without the proper knife-fight instruction.
:o

::)

;)

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Mako

Quote from: SwampMouse on September 19, 2011, 12:38:21 PM
Makos,
I don't want a dove tail on my barrel but thanks. Who is the gunsmith that works for Cimarron?
SM

Swampmouse,
I thought I'd already told you this once before:

Lonnie Ammann
Tejas Long Rifles Hearne, TX 77859
1-800-952-1299
979-279-3400
979-279-5859

Give him a call, you'll probably have to leave a message.

I don't know if he still does work for Cimarron, I think Abilene told me they have someone else that does most of their work now.

~Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Mako

Quote from: Steel Horse Bailey on September 19, 2011, 04:06:09 PM

I don't think so.  The basic zombie-killing tactics are generally the same.  However, those bayonet wielding zombie squirrels can be a real headache without the proper knife-fight instruction.
:o

::)

;)

Lions and Tigers and Zombie Squirrels, oh my...
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Abilene

Quote from: Mako on September 19, 2011, 10:42:09 PM

I don't know if he still does work for Cimarron, I think Abilene told me they have someone else that does most of their work now.

Cimarron has a local Fredericksburg 'smith that does a lot of their repairs now, but Lonnie still does work for them.  He is quite talented.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com