Cartridge Package Question

Started by Mogorilla, January 18, 2011, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogorilla

I have noted on some of the cartridge packages they say cartridges with Caps.   I have seen several that are essentially drilled blocks of wood, some split as well, then holding the cartridges and wrapped in the label.   Where and how were the caps stored?  I am trying to replicate some and am really curiuos. 

JimBob

Some of the cap packages illustrated in Thomas's Round Ball to Rimfire Vol.3 that were included in cartridge packs were rolled in round paper packages with the caps stacked on top of each other aproximating the shape of the cartridge.The wood blocks holding the cartridges had a slot milled in the end to hold the cap package giving the appearance of a block with six and a half holes with the end half being exposed.Most of the packages containing the caps had 7 to 8 caps in the package with the cartridges giving one or two extras.

Although most all packages were square one example of a round package was illustrated.The holes for the cartridge were drilled around the outside of the block with a seventh in the middle for the caps.

Wild Billy Potts

JimBob nailed it. Many originals that I have seen used a smaller diameter tube to hold the caps, that was made to obviously be different in feel than the cartridges, even saw one example that had caps in a small evelope shaped package. The wooden block packaging is pretty neat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com