2 more pics from "Kansas Moon"

Started by Ottawa Creek Bill, August 16, 2010, 11:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottawa Creek Bill

A couple more photos from our film "Kansas Moon, The Last Hunt".
The first photo shows us hard at work in the 108 degree heat. The second image shows me "gifting" one of the four sinew backed horse bows I made for the film to the land owner, Jim Gray. If Jim hadn't been standing on the ground he would have fallen off his horse when I handed it to him. My daughter Margaret did the lazy stitch bead work on the brained tan deer skin quiver and bow case. The arrows are fletched Comanche style with real turkey feathers held in place with real sinew

It's a very old Native American tradition to gift someone you think highly of with something you have made with your own hands. That week I gave away three hand made sinew backed bows, bow cases, quivers and arrows, and one rawhide war shield. Jim told me it would go in a special place of honor in his western room. I know he really appreciated it.

Before you ask me about Jim's hat, it is an open crown that has a dent in one side that he knocks out from time to time, and the right side of the brim is tuned up from actually riding in the Kansas wind everyday. Look at the top photo you can see the right side of his hat. By the way, that is the way Jim dresses each day for work, he is a rancher, and a cowboy. Even his horse tack is PC, Jim rides a "Mother Hubbard" style saddle (1860-1870).

Bill

Hard at work on the Kansas short grass prairie.

A special gift.
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Grizzle Bear

Good for you, Bill.  Jim Gray is a top hand in anybody's outfit!

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Jubal Starbuck

I really like that beaded sheath!

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: Jubal Starbuck on August 21, 2010, 12:30:42 PM
  I really like that beaded sheath!

Jubal....I got that case from "Ole Gabe" at this years NCOWS convention. That was his contribution to our film project. By the way...the long contraption I am standing next to is a camera Jib/crane...since this photo was taken, I have added another eight feet to it. Before, I could get the camera about 12 feet off the ground...now, I can get it to 20 feet or more....makes for some spectacular shots.....as you will see in the film.

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com