Author Topic: I made it! : )  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
    • Lever Action Shooters Society
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I made it! : )
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:52:36 AM »
Guess were looking at a second home in Cali and would like to attend the shoots there.
leveractionshooterssociety.com

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
Re: I made it! : )
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
According to the NCOWS web site, the Hat Creek Regulators are based in Bakersfield. You can find contact info for them here:

http://www.ncows.org/Posses/HCR.htm

You mention that this is a second home. I have no clue where your first home is but there's a master list of NCOWS posses and you might find something close by if you follow this link:

http://www.ncows.org/posses.html

If you're anywhere near North Texas, we of the Texas Ten Horns, (and I'm sure I can speak for my pards of the Tyler Texas Peacemakers) would gladly welcome you and yours to come out and visit us. We have some fantastic ladies who shoot at either posse so you wouldn't be alone.

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »
According to the NCOWS web site, the Hat Creek Regulators are based in Bakersfield. You can find contact info for them here:

http://www.ncows.org/Posses/HCR.htm

You mention that this is a second home. I have no clue where your first home is but there's a master list of NCOWS posses and you might find something close by if you follow this link:

http://www.ncows.org/posses.html

If you're anywhere near North Texas, we of the Texas Ten Horns, (and I'm sure I can speak for my pards of the Tyler Texas Peacemakers) would gladly welcome you and yours to come out and visit us. We have some fantastic ladies who shoot at either posse so you wouldn't be alone.

Thanks for the reply. Duke and I are in Vegas which has no NCOWS so were looking at shooting at the Cali based NCOWS.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:48:05 PM »

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »
Bakersfield may be a bit of a drive to get there regularly but I bet it's an absolutely beautiful trip (unless you absolutely hate driving through the desert)!

Offline Joss House

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
I see my name is still listed as the point of contact for Hat Creek Regulators. I am no longer an officer nor active member of that posse and haven't been for a while. That information needs to be changed to list the current representative for contact information.
Danny Ellison aka Joss house

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »
Bakersfield may be a bit of a drive to get there regularly but I bet it's an absolutely beautiful trip (unless you absolutely hate driving through the desert)!

Well worth the drive. Nothing going on in Vegas and we are bored to tears.

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »
BB, if that's the case (bored to tears), we Texas Ten Horns are shooting this weekend - NCOWS on Sunday. If you leave now you can make it in time! We'll do our best to excite you and Duke!*

Joss, thanks for stepping in. Hopefully someone "official" will see this thread and make the appropriate corrections.

*Safely, of course. <grin>

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »
BB, if that's the case (bored to tears), we Texas Ten Horns are shooting this weekend - NCOWS on Sunday. If you leave now you can make it in time! We'll do our best to excite you and Duke!*

Joss, thanks for stepping in. Hopefully someone "official" will see this thread and make the appropriate corrections.

*Safely, of course. <grin>

Thanks for the offer. Just a wee bit to far for us. God Bless Texas!

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »
Too bad. However, maybe you can plan ahead and join us for this year's Southwest Regional in October (28th-30th). Here's a link to the page about it on our website. It's pretty empty right at this moment, but bookmark it and as we get more info it'll be posted and you can keep up with the plans.

There's a number of us that post on this board - Pancho Peacemaker, Cole Bluesteel, Lethal Larry, and Tascosa Joe are names you might recognize - and we get visitors from out of state who's names you might recognize as well.  There's great shooting, great food, and great fun.

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »
Too bad. However, maybe you can plan ahead and join us for this year's Southwest Regional in October (28th-30th). Here's a link to the page about it on our website. It's pretty empty right at this moment, but bookmark it and as we get more info it'll be posted and you can keep up with the plans.

There's a number of us that post on this board - Pancho Peacemaker, Cole Bluesteel, Lethal Larry, and Tascosa Joe are names you might recognize - and we get visitors from out of state who's names you might recognize as well.  There's great shooting, great food, and great fun.

What part of Texas do you boys hale from?

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »
The Ten Horns are based in Greenville, TX and the Peacemakers are in Tyler, Tx. Both are a bit East of Dallas, so DFW would be the best airport to fly into if you're planning on flying. There's all sorts of regional attractions, including the Texas Civil War Museum (http://www.texascivilwarmuseum.com/) which has not only war artifacts and uniforms, but also has an excellent collection of fancy Victorian women's  dresses (I was just out there last weekend). I don't know what their schedule is but you might even be able to get to a Dallas Cowboys football game at Cowboys' Stadium.

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 10:15:49 PM »
Barbie, There were some post a while back about someone starting a posse in Vegas. Can't remember it all. Maybe some one that read it will join in here. Wish you the best and good shooting. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 12:27:28 AM »
Barbie, I'm curious. What is it about NCOWS that seems to have captured your interest? :)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline 'Monterrey' Jack Brass

• NCOWS Life, SASS Life
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • ferrotype of Brass, c1885, by R. Gibson
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »
B.B. – Welcome to the NCOWS CAS City forum. It’s great to see ladies here with an interest in old west history and firearms. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here if you have questions in addition to ranges where NCOWS members are active.

Brass
NRA Life, VFW Life, F&AM 
Old West Research & Studies Association
amateur wetplate photographer

Offline Buffalo Barbie

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »
Barbie, I'm curious. What is it about NCOWS that seems to have captured your interest? :)

Seems to be pretty period correct and not much fantasy cowboy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com