Early R&D (Ken Howell) 1860 Richards Conversion For Sale

Started by triple w, June 24, 2010, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple w

This is a early R&D 1860 Richards conversion in 44 Colt, relined for modern .429, .430 bullets. I spoke to Mr. Howell shortly after I acquired this weapon and his records indicated it was done in the early 90's (xxx serial #). It has just enough wear to look like a original with 15-20 years of normal use. Asking $750.

TW

BOLD# 986, STORM# 352,   The Winchester 1876 Society,
1860 Henry Rifle Shooters Roster #123, Spencer Shooting Society #318

Long Johns Wolf

Very interesting. Beautifully looking RM. Which manufacturer's "base pistol" was used for the conversion?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

triple w

As I recall, Ken's records only showed when and who he did the original build for. He did not list the base pistol information, as the original gun was supplied by the customer.
I have been told by others that have checked it over that they think it is a Uberti based gun.  ???

Jake MacReedy

triple w

Jake MacReedy

Thanlk you very much, pard!  I greatly appreciate it!

Regards,
Jake

Fox Creek Kid

Smokin Gun

Triple W, Vance is that you? If so it's real good to see you ... how is Kenny doing, well I hope. Let me know if this is you I'll give ya a call and/or an email to shoot the shinola... :O)
I may be in the market for a Uberti .45Colt R&D 6 shot drop in for one a these E.N. Santa Barbaras

The one I got for my ROAs in stainless works great

If ya have a used Uberti M1860 Army at a good price I'd be just as apt to buy a Uberti 1860 Ken Howell or R&D gated in 45Colt from ya. And make me a  Richards or Open Top... Or if the new 5 shot has a single firing pin I'd like one a them.

I sure hope this is Vance :O)
SG
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

triple w

Sorry SG.....not your man. Sure wish you luck finding him  :'(, buy the way, great looking Remington!

TW

Jake MacReedy

Fred,

Did the other guy take the Richards from you?

Regards,
Jake

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

triple w

Smokin Gun

QuoteSorry SG.....not your man. Sure wish you luck finding him 

Thanks Triple W ... my friend's Shop is called Triple C ... can google him I believe.
So happens that Triple W was a Wild Animal Hunting Reserve in Oklahoma ... I missed a Buff hunt there with a couple a Old Coots.

Thanks for the flowers on the S.B.'s they do deserve it, I jus' give um a place to live :O)
Mosby's Rangers
43rd Virginia Cavalry C.S.A.
SASS# 19634
http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com