Author Topic: Col. Bishops' Regulators first shoot!!  (Read 6571 times)

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Col. Bishops' Regulators first shoot!!
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:34:41 PM »
All that can make it are invited to West Side Sportsmen Club in Evansville, IN for their first NCOWS shoot. That's the first shoot for Col. Bishiops' Regulators. Duke Henry will have a good shoot laid out for all us cowboys. That's April 17. You all come. Tj  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Col. Bishops' Regulators first shoot!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 02:22:34 PM »

Sounds like a fine time, TJ. Glad to hear things are progressing.
Any idea how close Duke and the pards are to getting their posse paperwork ready and submitted?
It'll be great to have an Evansville-area posse and No. 3 for Indiana.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline Duke Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:22:43 AM »
Howdy, All
TJ, have some realy cool stages  that I hope all will enjoy. the have some movement but not to much and will make you think alittle but not so much that it takes the fun out of it.
 They all have one thing in them that I think is very imporant....A LINE or ACTION to start things off. Made some new props just for the event. Wrote all the stages myself so it could be done that way. Wanted to put some fun into it.After all thats what ist about. Ain't it?

Have 6 stages planned I think will be a realhoot for everyone. You get to-- protect your gold, fight off some redskins, have adrink while playing cards,get payback for having your good hat shot off your head, and finaly stickup the train.
Realy looking forward to it. Think we will have a good turn out. The weather is supose to be great not to warm and little chance of rain. :D
There will be someone grilling burgers and dogs so come hungry.
Dave sent in the paper work about 2-3 months ago was about to email and check on it. everything sould be ther but havent heard anything yet.

Gotta go hope to see everyone soon,
duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:21:55 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:15:03 AM »
It sounds like a good time will be had by all. Good luck to the new NCOWS Posse.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:59:28 AM »
Duke Henry, OUTSTANDING!!!  Dodge Boy and I plan on being there. Sure hope Rowdy can get off and attend also. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »
Duke Henry, you are some kind of Ramrod, that's fer sure!

Thanks fer all yer efforts on this new NCOWS Posse!
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
Duke Henry, I found the paper work for your posse amongst my notes from the convention.  I have no idea how they got there since I am positive I have never read them before.  Anyway I am forwarding them to the rest of the Executive Board.  One question, the papers list the name as "Biship's Renegade's"  with an "i" and not a "o" ???

Which is it?

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 07:04:48 PM »
I thought the name was to be Col. Bishops' Regulators. Was to be named after Wally Bishop and his cowboy name was Regulator. Duke Henry can you clear this up? Tj   ???

Offline Duke Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »
TJ,
After Talking with members who knew Wally well  I foound out they wanted to call the group "Westside Regulators".But Wally didnot like that since that was his handle so they settled on "Westside Renades".
After finding this out I thought it would be best to do the same with our posse. We all still think very fondly of Regulator so thiught it would be a negative thing to not respect his wishes.
Sorry I thought I let everyone know. My fault. Too much going on sometimes i think about it then get side tracked. OH crud forgot my food in the oven!!!
duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Offline Duke Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
Will,
Sent you a PM. Let me know if you neeed anything else.
Thanks for all the work you do. Dont think you hear that enuogh.
duke

PS glad Ilike my pizza extra crispy. ;D
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:40:32 AM »
OK folks come out and shoot with Bishop's Renegades this Saturday at West Side in Evansville, IN. It will be their first NCOWS shoot. This posse is headed up by Duke Henry and has their application turned in to become an NCOWS posse. Duke has written some good stages, their will be food, and a lot of fun. Come out and help us have a good start. Tj  :)  :D

Offline Duke Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »
Thank you Texas Jack.
the stages are set up. Snakebite said he will get them painted for us  ran out of time today. The props are made and ready to go.  Ammo is loaded and waiting to kiss the steele.
The weather still looks GREAT!!  Got my clothes layed out already ;D
I'm excited and raring to go. This will be my first shoot this year beeen having to work most weeekends :-\.
I think folks will like the stages did a walk through after setup and they worked out GREAT. cant wait to see everyone again!
Hope to hear more on oour posse status soon :D

Come on out and join the fun.

SEE YOU THERE!
duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »

Best wishes for a great inaugural shoot, Duke. I know you boys have worked very hard to make this happen. Thanks.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »
TJ,
After Talking with members who knew Wally well  I foound out they wanted to call the group "Westside Regulators".But Wally didnot like that since that was his handle so they settled on "Westside Renades".
After finding this out I thought it would be best to do the same with our posse. We all still think very fondly of Regulator so thiught it would be a negative thing to not respect his wishes.
Sorry I thought I let everyone know. My fault. Too much going on sometimes i think about it then get side tracked. OH crud forgot my food in the oven!!!
duke

Duke Henry,
I'm curious. The official paperwork I saw spelled as "Biship's Renegades"
Should it be "Biship's Renegades" or "Bishop's Renegades"?

Or is the official name you want "Westside Renegades" or "Westside Regulators"?

Dont's need the story, just state exactly what the Posse name should be. ;D ;D

RCJ ;D
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:20 PM »
River City, Duke has already addressed this question.  For some reason the posse name was spelled "Biship's" through out however Duke Henry assures me that it is suppose to be "Bishop's"

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
 ;) ;) ;)

Never mind! (My best Emily Latella voice.)

RCJ
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
I suppose you could have been completely thorough and named them the West Side Renegade Bishop Regulators.

As a preacher's kid, I can assure you that sometimes Bishops go renegade and need some regulating.

;-)

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 09:21:49 PM »
Let's get this straight.  The name is Bishop's "RENEGADES" not 'regulators :).

Will Ketchum
Madison, WI

Offline Duke Henry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:18 PM »

11 hours and counting!
Im so pumped I hope i can get to sleep tonight.
Got every thing togther (I hope ;)) Clothes layedout eveything 'spect guns in truck. (Idont have a garage to parkin)
Forcast is PERFECT for tomarrow the rain just a sprinkle will be out by midnight tonight.
Sunny and 64 in the afternoon ;D ;D ;D

gong to bednow
duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
WHAT A GREAT DAY!!  Beautiful weather, good stages and a good turn out. Don't know what the count was, but was two large posses. Stages to test your shooting powers. I had four misses, did shoot two stages clean. No body shot clean today. Sure had to use your sights. Hope Duke will give a full report. Sure was a fun day. Duke you did a very good job. Think all will agree. Thanks for a great day. Tj  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com