Texans headed to NCOWS Nationals

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, March 27, 2010, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

The NCOWS Nationals are right around the corner:  June 2 to June 5 at Evansville, IN.

Who from Texas is headed there? 

Last year we gathered up and car pooled.  The road trip was 11 hours each way.

I know I've spoken with several folks who are on the fence due to jobs and such.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Tascosa Joe

Pancho
I am on the fence.  I have surgery scheduled 10 may I am not sure if I will be up for the trip.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Texas Lawdog

That sounds sorta rough after surgery, it's a long drive up there. I will probably fly up there if I decide to go, and I won't fly with the guns up there and back.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

I googled the route for myself ...Trip distance: 836.991346.9 mi Time: 12 hrs 52 mins

Hmm... June 2-5  hmmmmmm ........................
when planets align...do the deal !

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on March 28, 2010, 01:14:00 AM
That sounds sorta rough after surgery, it's a long drive up there. I will probably fly up there if I decide to go, and I won't fly with the guns up there and back.

TLD:  I may need to wind up flying myself.  I did check into flights and American has one non-stop flight to Evansville from DFW everyday.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

gw

Be happy to pickup any of you boys that are going to fly-in. That means I'll hafta find the Evansville airport though!  ;D
NCOWS 1437-Territorial Representative  -Great Lakes Freight and Mining Co.- NCOWS Representative and Delegate to the Executive Board
SASS 5847 Life
NMLRA
NRA Life
MIAMI RIFLE CLUB Life
QUIGLEY SHOOTER Lifer

Texas Lawdog

I would definitely prefer the nonstop to Evansville from here. I have had to change planes at O'Hare many time. It is not a fun place. American Eagle is in a separate terminal from the regular AA flights, unless they have changed things.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

I'd have to change plane in Atlanta...I been there done that on Flight from hell  >:( (into Louisville Ky)
I swore I'd never fly Eastern Airlines again ... glad they went belly up.
I figure, I'd want to take my guns to the Indy NCOW Nationals, and If I can get my Pard to go too.. ROAD TRIP !  ;D

I'm going to Charlotte on the 9th of Apr.  

To fly ...I'd need to arrive at the gate (Orlando) min. 2 hours early , flight is 1hr 47min., layover is to connect to a Charlotte bound flight just under 2:30hours...Total 6 Hour 15 mins. and that's IF I don't get bumped or the connection plane is late.
I can drive it in 8 Hours.....and the Company was going to get me a Rental car up there anyway....
No brainier ..I'll drive the rental car up.
I only mention it because, heck anymore, there not much difference time wise for some flights.

June may be doable

when planets align...do the deal !

Snakebite

The Evansville Airport is about 25-30 minutes from the range and is easy to find

Texas Lawdog

I think that the guys from Indy would prolly come down there and pick me up.

Snakebite

I live in Evansville and am a member at Westside. We can work something out to get people from the airport to a hotel if needed.
Let Duke Henry know if you need some help with this.

Jed Cooper

I can bet that anyone needing a ride will be taken care of. We want all pards to make it. I will help where I can.     Jed
"Jed Cooper" aka: Dave Hollandsworth

Olde Cop,  NCOWS #2841, Maker of BIG SMOKE, GAF #500
F&AM PM, NRA Life, FOP - Retired , BOLD #615,* Warthawg! ,Hirams Rangers #31, 1860 Henry #97, STORM#351
Marshal - Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society,
http://greatlakesfmc.home.insightbb.com/scarlet.htm
Posse Member - http://home.insightbb.com/~greatlakesfmc/index.htm

bushwhacker

Denice and I will be at the shoot at least from Tuesday.  Anyone that needs to be picked up at the airport just let me know the time your flight will be coming in.  Floozey and Bushwhacker

Pancho Peacemaker

Well gents, it looks like the NCOWS National will not be in the cards for me this year. 

Those first two weeks of June are just too full of family and work responsibilities.  I tried to move a few things, but I will not be able to make it this year.

On a better note, the timing of the Eastern Regional at Hooten is looking good.  I'm going to try and shoot for that match to visit with my eastern compadres.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Cole Bluesteele

Pancho,

Sorry to hear you aren't able to make it.  Alamo Cody and I are still planning on being there.

Cole

Tjackstephens

Pancho, Sure will miss you. Don't forget the Eastern Regional at Hooten. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Ottawa Creek Bill

I'm driving all the way to Texas, once I get inside the border I'm gonna turn around and drive to the National shoot. That way I can say I drove all the way from Texas to get to Evansville. :o :o

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

kflach

Pancho, I feel your pain. I got pumped up when I heard about it but when I looked at the date I realized I already had an important  commitment that weekend to my daughter. I don't regret my commitment to her at all but must admit I really wish I could go to the Nationals too.

OCB, come on down. I can't fault anyone who wants to visit Texas on their way to anywhere else. In fact, it's a rather "enlightened" attitude, one that I fully respect!

<grin>

Ottawa Creek Bill

Quote from: kflach on April 12, 2010, 02:06:11 PM
Pancho, I feel your pain. I got pumped up when I heard about it but when I looked at the date I realized I already had an important  commitment that weekend to my daughter. I don't regret my commitment to her at all but must admit I really wish I could go to the Nationals too.

OCB, come on down. I can't fault anyone who wants to visit Texas on their way to anywhere else. In fact, it's a rather "enlightened" attitude, one that I fully respect!

<grin>

Bring your daughter....she'll have a great time!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

kflach

We have another weekend convention that we've been going to for years. In fact, now my wife attends at least one day as well. I take my daughter and her friends and what's nice is that she (and her friends) still genuinely *want* me to go with them. That's pretty amazing since they're all 15-16 years old. I know that sooner or later they'll outgrow wanting me to do things with them, so for now I'm considering every opportunity to be as precious as gold.

She's still committed to coming to shoot a match with me but we're still working out the "when." That 2-hour drive early on a weekend morning really has been an obstacle for her. I think that once she shoots a match and has all the fun, that early morning won't look so bad (that's the way it worked for me) but we'll have to see. I understand her completely - I *HATE* early mornings, too!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com