A Rare Smith & Wesson Wells Fargo 1st ModelClassic Schofield Single Action .45 C

Started by Shotgun Steve, January 10, 2010, 10:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

Major Schofield of the U.S. Army designed the Schofield Revolver as an improvement upgrading earlier top-break single action revolvers produced by Smith & Wesson. This model was the first real challenge on the military and civilian market to the Colt Single Action. The Schofield revolver is accurate, powerful...sleek and graceful. The Wells Fargo Company stocked their considerable arsenal with this special Schofield revolver.

This very scarce and desirable Smith & Wesson Wells Fargo 1st Model Schofield revolver, with over 75% issue nickel finish having serial number 823 has a 5-inch barrel. The frame, barrel, cylinder, and latch all have matching serial numbers. The nickel frame retains 75% finish, the losses are on the backstrap and butt; nickel barrel is 85%, cylinder is 60%. The Wells Fargo markings on the right side of the barrel are correct. The US is still evident on the butt. Mechanically the gun is fine. (Jesse James carried both the Schofield and the Colt Single Actions simultaneously The United States Army contracted 5,000 Schofield revolvers.)

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Charlie Bowdre

she's a beauty. Thanks for your photos . I always check the posts to see what you have added.
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com