Bar S tru-ivory grips ?

Started by Marshal Deadwood, December 14, 2009, 10:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Deadwood

Who here has had Bar S do their tru'ivory grips ? Is their fit and finsih outstanding ? Recommendations ?

Thanks

MD

Hedley Lamarr

Got a set on my Wild Bunch 1911.
Very, very nice.
Hedley Lamarr
SASS #14478 ROII
~Aggravator Emeritus~
"Dashingly Corrupt"

John Barleycorn

I have the two piece grips on my USFA's so does the girlfriend. They are well worth the price, and would recommend.  I cant speak to the one piece grips.
Jedi Gunfighter #176
BOLD #787, NRA Life, RO I
N.E. Reg. FCGF Champ '12
PA  St. FCGF Champ '12 '13
MD St. FCGF 1st Pl '13
WV St. FCGF 1st Pl '12 '13
OH St. FCGF 1st Pl '14
NJ St. FCGF 1st Pl '15
PA St. GF Champ '15
SASS Regulator

Mossyrock

I have a set of their one-piece grips on my '72 .44 Colt Uberti.  SUPERB!!  I have owned three sets of their grips, and have plans for at least two more.
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Tommy Reb

I have Tru Ivory grips on a pair of Ruger 44 Specials.   I got the ultra antique color and they look very nice in my opinion.  To me they really look like ivory, not plastic.  They were fitted to my grip frames by Bar S.  I did have to do some work on them to get a really good fit, but that was not a big deal.  The additional cost for them to do the fitting to my grip frames was zero, so I really cannot complain.
Tommy Reb

Driften

I had one-piece grips done by them for my birds head EMF Hartford and love them! It was a great job and fit.
Driften
SASS #8331, RATS #607

Old Doc

I had them do aged TruIvory on a USFA Gunslinger to mimic the John Wayne Colt. They do nice work but took about 6 weeks as I recall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com