Author Topic: Posse Charter Application Goes Out Tomorrow for Tyler, TX Peacemakers  (Read 6416 times)

Offline Patrick Henry Brown

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thought I'd let everyone know that we've finally pulled everything together and our appliication for an NCOWS Posse Charter will go out in tomorrow's mail. We're excited down here in Tyler, TX. If all goes as we plan, we will be shooting NCOWS matches on the Third Saturday of each month. I'll post more info on the matches when everything is firmed up. In the meantime, thanks and kudos to Cole, Pancho and Lethal Larry at the Greenville Ten Horns. They put on one FINE SW Regional last month and have been encouraging all of us Peacemakers to form another posse in the Great State of Texas.  ;D ;D

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Posse Charter Application Goes Out Tomorrow for Tyler, TX Peacemakers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
That's not only GOOD NEWS, that's GREAT NEWS.  Congratulations and welcome to the family.
French Jack

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »
Preacher Clint, I'm a member of the Peacemakers as well as NCOWS. Will we be charter members of the new Posse? I was at the SW Regional but I did not particpate due to my back injuries. I'm sorry I did not meet you if you attended.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »

Congrats, Preacher Clint. Looking forward to receiving your stuff and gettin' you folks all signed on with the outfit.
Always figured Texas would likely embrace NCOWS' ideals and philosophy once folks there got a taste of it.

Very happy to hear this.
And my thanks to the Ten Horns as well for breaking ground in the Lone Star State.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
Preacher Clint, I'm a member of the Peacemakers as well as NCOWS. Will we be charter members of the new Posse? I was at the SW Regional but I did not particpate due to my back injuries. I'm sorry I did not meet you if you attended.

Texas Lawdog:

Send me your info and I'll steam the envelope open and add your name and number --- literally! You can either PM me here at CASCITY or email me direct at oscarlovel@gmail.com. Anyone else?

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 06:52:23 PM »
Preacher,

Well Done!  When do you plan to start hosting NCOWS matches?  This month, I hope.  Guess I'm gonna have to renew my Peacemakers membership.  I still have my Peacemaker badge from a couple of years ago.  Betcha Tom Jack reups as well.

Looking forward to shooting over there again.
Cole

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Welcome to our camp.  It sure is exciting to think we will have 2 Texas Posses!

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
Preacher,

Well Done!  When do you plan to start hosting NCOWS matches?  This month, I hope.  Guess I'm gonna have to renew my Peacemakers membership.  I still have my Peacemaker badge from a couple of years ago.  Betcha Tom Jack reups as well.

Looking forward to shooting over there again.
Cole

Cole:

I imagine it will after January before we get started. We'll be sure and let everyone know, and will post it here well before the actual date.

Offline Cole Bluesteele

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
Preacher,

I'll be looking forward to the notice.  In the meantime, if you need any help just holler.

Cole

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 10:23:09 PM »
That's some great news. Tj  :)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:25 AM »
Preacher Clint,

Please let us know when your first match will be.  I'm certain that a number of our Ten Horn members will attend.

Merry Christmas,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline lethal larry

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 11:28:42 AM »
That is really good news. Please keep us in the loop (and have it posted on your club website too). I would like to shoot with yall too since it does not conflict with the Ten Horn schedule.
Have a great Christmas!  :)
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

Offline kflach

• The Cockroach Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3258
    • Kevin Flach - Digital Communicator
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
I've been on your website, seen your photos, and talked to Oklahoma Tom about how pretty your range is. I'd love to come out and visit as well!

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
I've been on your website, seen your photos, and talked to Oklahoma Tom about how pretty your range is. I'd love to come out and visit as well!
My hat's off to Preacher for getting this going.  Between the day job, the gun store, and running the Peacemakers, I was out of time to push this through.  I would like to thank Pancho, Cole, Larry, Tom Jack, all my pals at the Ten Horns for encouraging this and giving help when I was too swamped.  The SW Regionals was great (Pancho, glad I got your '87 finished in time for the last day?).   The Peacemakers and the Ten Horns do provide some of the finest folks and shooting you will find in East Texas, and I am proud to be a member of both, as well as a charter member of the Peacemakers NCOWS posse.  And if any of you talk to Tom Jack in the near term, be sure you tell him I shot the SASS match last weekend Tom Jack style, and it drove Bent Barrel Betty up a tree. ;D

Texas Lawdog, if you're following this thread anymore, email me at ThreeB.Shooting@att.net.  I am sorry I did not meet you.  We have talked in the past and I would like to tag up with you again.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »
(Pancho, glad I got your '87 finished in time for the last day?).   

And for that, my friend, I'm am greatful and in your debt.  That clanky old chinese replica has become a favorite of mine over the past couple of years.

I hope Cap gets yours back to you soon.  I'm still waiting on my '97 to come back from his shop.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 07:22:08 AM »
Tom, I look forward to meeting you. I bought one of those Chinese lever action shotguns this summer, but I have yet to shoot it. I got accustomed to shooting a pump gun as a cop. I got a Chinese 97 clone that I normally use.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 11:24:02 PM »
And for that, my friend, I'm am greatful and in your debt.  That clanky old chinese replica has become a favorite of mine over the past couple of years.

I hope Cap gets yours back to you soon.  I'm still waiting on my '97 to come back from his shop.

Pancho

Well, Pancho, I hope it goes well for you.  I just found out that the pair of '87s I sent up there last September with a stated lead time of 6 weeks will now come in January 2010.  A little disappointed in that, but then I do have that great '87 from Cimarron.  Purely the cleanest moving lever shotgun I have ever shot, including the real deal... ;D
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Texas John Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
I'll have to come shoot, Ya'll know I like shooting with the Peachmakers ;D
Most likely bring some pards with me.

Ringo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
For all those who are wondering about our first NCOWS Shoot -- We are awaiting the charter from NCOWS. Once we have that in our hands, we will schedule our first shoot. We are hoping to host it in February, but all is on hold until we get the word from Hdqtrs.  :) :) :)

Offline Bodie Bascom

• Very Active Citizen
  • Shootin' big boolits, livin' large
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
Preacher, Thanks for getting this started.  I will be watching for the inaugural shoot so I can come join you.

Bodie
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com