SW REGIONAL PICTURES, SCORES, & VIDEO

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, November 15, 2009, 08:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

"Gone To Texas" is done and gone.  Lots of food was eaten and much powder was spent.

We hope all had a good time.

Here's a few pictures to share:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/gsonnenmd/NCOWS/09%20SW%20Regional/?albumview=slideshow

I'll post a link to scores and some video in a few days.  Gotta sort brass and the Cowboys play at 3:15.

Off to church,

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

James Hunt

Pancho: very nice photo album, thanks for posting. Nice chuckwagon.
NCOWS, CMSA, NRA
"The duty is ours, the results are God's." (John Quincy Adams)

Pancho Peacemaker

2009 SW Regional Category Winners are:

Boy's Junior Two Gun: Dakota "Alamo Cody" Beechler
Men's Blackpowder Duelist: Mark "Johnson Barr" Smith
Men's Blackpowder Shootist: Ken "Diablo Slim" Pruitt
Men's Elder: Mike "Chudaben Cowboy" Bove
Men's Pistoleer: Dave "Jed Cooper" Hollandsworth
Men's Senior: Jim "Texas Jack" Stephens
Men's Smokeless Duelist: Ted "Cole Bluesteele" Beechler
Men's Smokeless Shootist: Greg "Pancho Peacemaker" Sonnen
Men's Working Cowboy: Kenneth "Peevine" Miller
Women's Senior: Jeanie "Kow Katcher" Hester
Women's Smokeless Shootist: Arnitha "Bent Barrel Betty" Master
Women's Working Cowgirl: Bonnie "Lady Hoss Jack" Jackson

More details to come...
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Texas Lawdog

Congrats to all the class winners at the SW NCOWS Shoot this weekend. I had a great time and ate some good food too. Hiram's Rangers were well represented at the Shoot. The members of the Texas Tenhorns worked hard to make this a successful Shoot. I'm looking forward to attended next year.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tjackstephens

Thanks to all for the good shoot and hard work that went into it. Sure had a good time and made new friends. You all sure made me fell welcome. Tj

Yes, the snake I shot into and our posse gave to me is now here in KY. A keep sake from a great group.

Was good to put faces to names. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Patrick Henry Brown

First class shoot. Had a great time and shot very badly! LOL! Guess it was to be expected since I was shooting two new pistols in Pistoleer that I had never fired before, in a leather rig I'd never worn before and shooting a Spencer Carbine to boot. But I had a ball! Well done, Ten Horns! Cudos!

Preacher Clint

River City John

Some great pictures, Pancho. Looks like all had fun.
RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

lethal larry

Thanks for posting the good photos. Pancho. You got some very good shots!
"Clinging to" my Wife, Guns, Bible, cats and goat... and proud of it!

jefff

great pics.but they don't hold a candle to being there.best time i've had with my boots on.i am sorry for not hitting all the targets y'all put up.but i think i strained my guns shooting so far at the side matches.a good time was had by all.i am very very very sorry to let a yankee walk off with 1st place in pistoleer ,i hope you can forgive me.jokes aside well done jed cooper!my thanks to the texas ten horns for the large time we had.warning this group sets the bar high for puttin on fun shoot.jeff farmer

Texas Lawdog

Jed Cooper lived in Houston for about 7 years when he was a kid and he lived in Tennessee for a while too. I don't consider him a Yankee. He has a southern twang in his voice.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Tascosa Joe

Pancho,
Great pictures.  A special thanks to all the "Back East Boys" who were on Traveler and my posse, you made it easy to be the RO and Posse Marshall.  We appreciate you folks for making the effort to get out here and shoot with us.  I would be proud to shoot with you anytime.  I hope to see you all at the convention.

T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Texas Lawdog

Tascosa Joe, I enjoyed meeting you and the Mrs. at the Shoot. I had a great time as well. I'll be glad when my back ailments are over with and I can shoot again. I think the guys from Indiana will be back next year.

Cole Bluesteele

Thanks for the kind words of appreciation.  The fact that the shooters had a great time made all the effort and hard work worthwhile.  Now, we'll start work on raising the bar again at the 2010 "Gone To Texas."

Looking forward to seeing y'all at the convention and the 2010 National Match.
Cole Bluesteele

French Jack

Fourteen hours and 800+ miles each way.  Jeff and I would do it again for that amount of fun.  What a very well done event!
The rest of the "States" surely missed a terrific time.  Thanks again for the hospitality and great time.  Tascosa, you and Traveller were a pleasure to shoot with.  Come visit us at Johnson County Rangers.  Larry, Pancho, Cole:  don't want to leave you all out either.  It was a pleasure.

See you at the Convention or National Shoot, and NEXT TIME at Gone To Texas 2010.
French Jack

kflach

To all the online pards I got to meet, I was quite delighted to finally get to meet you in person! To all my fellow Ten Horns members and club officers, I was *very* proud of what ya'll did - you obviously put in a lot of hard work pulling everything together. Next year I'll do more than just visit for one day. My wife and daughter had a great time and were quite impressed (and the missus decided a new rifle would be the perfect Christmas present to get for me)! Thanks for all the hard work!!!

Texas Lawdog

I'm glad I got to meet Cole, Pancho, Lethal Larry, Frisco Bank, and last but not least, The Cockroach Kid. It makes me proud to be a member of the Tenhorns. You folks made a new member feel welcome, even though I did not participate.

Cole Bluesteele

Lawdog,

You may not have shot the match, but you certainly DID participate!

Thanks,
Cole

Tjackstephens

T-Joe, was good to put a name and face together. Had a great time on your posse. Was good to shoot on posse 1 even if we did have to put up with Jeff Farmer.  ;D  Was good to meet a future Hiram's Ranger. W. H. Violett we will induct you at the NCOWS National 2010. You all really made an ole Kentucky Hill's boy welcome. See you at the National. Tj

kflach, was good to meet you and your family. Did all I could do to stress the need for a rilfe. Hope Santa makes a stop at your home. See you down the trail. Tj   Jim "Texas Jack" Stephens
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Ottawa Creek Bill

It was nice to put names to faces this past weekend......one of the best times I've had since being in this game....one last bit, Man...., those pards from north of the Red River sure can shoot! Cant wait to come back next year!
Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Pancho Peacemaker

An interesting paradox:

Peevine won the derringer side match with my derringer.

I won the long range lever rifle match with Peevine's rifle.

Also, my son Trevor wants to thank everybody for their "friendliness" as he likes to say.  It brings my heart great joy to see him enjoy these events.  He is only 6, and is wanting to join me at every shoot I go to.  This event really 'lit the spark' in him.  We picked him up a pair of spurs from Old Scyene because he thought "it'd make him shoot better".  He hit 8 out of 10 rifle targets, but wants to hit all 10.  I'm sure the spurs will help that happen.

(For those of you not at the match, Trevor attends matches, but does not compete.  He picks brass and takes pictures.  If he behaves he gets to shoot his Winchester .22 at the end of the competition.)

BTW:  After devouring 2 plates of Ervin's Chuckwagon cowboy breakfast, we decided on a cowboy alias for Trevor:  "Biscuit"
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com