Author Topic: Joined SASS recently but more facinated with a more period group like NCOWS  (Read 2545 times)

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Joined SASS recently but more facinated with a more period group like NCOWS.
I reside in Las Vegas NV but willing to travel to AZ, Western Cali or Southern OO-tah for matches.
The wife and I are having period correct FA Meanea style holsters, belts, chaps all being done as we speak
FA Meanea style saddlery is next in line.  ;)
Sacramento Johnson/Innocent Bystander are assisting us in this endeavor.
We shoot stainless New Model Vaquero's and Uberti 1873's at the present.
This is a great forum by the way.

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Duke,

Here's a list of current posses:  http://www.ncows.org/Posse%20Pages.htm

Starting a posse is not difficult.  You'll need to find a couple of like-minded individuals and folks here can help you get things lined up.  I'd highly recommend joining NCOWS.  The membership is inexpensive and you get a fantastic bi-monthly magazine called The Shootist. 

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Tjackstephens

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Duke, let me welcome you and your lady to NCOWS it's good to have you. Hope to be able to meet you all at next year's National or maybe the Regional at Texas. Enjoy and have a good time. Texas Jack Stephens  Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Advertising

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Duke,

Here's a list of current posses:  http://www.ncows.org/Posse%20Pages.htm

Starting a posse is not difficult.  You'll need to find a couple of like-minded individuals and folks here can help you get things lined up.  I'd highly recommend joining NCOWS.  The membership is inexpensive and you get a fantastic bi-monthly magazine called The Shootist. 

Pancho

Thanks for the link Pancho. Looks like the closets one is in Cali. http://www.ncows.org/HCR.htm
A camp out would be worth the drive too!

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Duke, let me welcome you and your lady to NCOWS it's good to have you. Hope to be able to meet you all at next year's National or maybe the Regional at Texas. Enjoy and have a good time. Texas Jack Stephens  Tj

Buffalo Barbie and I would love to come to Texas. Not sure what part has the Regionals though. Are you boys near Bastop?

Offline Pancho Peacemaker

• NCOWS Texican Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #3120, SASS #75813
    • Pancho's Videos
  • Liked:
Buffalo Barbie and I would love to come to Texas. Not sure what part has the Regionals though. Are you boys near Bastop?

We are about 40 miles east of Dallas in Greenville, Texas.  Here's the details on our regional match:

http://www.texastenhorns.com/Gonetotexas.htm
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
Duke...
Glad to see your interest in NCOWS. Make sure you go to the NCOWS web page that Pancho directed you to and take a close look at our by laws.

We have people that are interested in our organization only to find out after they have joined that their firearms are not NCOWS legal. For example, we do not allow modern modifications such as short strokes.

It looks like what you have is just fine...but again, take a close look.

If you are into old west history and research, this is the place for you....but we shoot too, do reenactments and camp out the old way....lot of fun!

There are a couple of us here in Indiana heading down to the Texas Regional in November, hope to see you there!!

Bill
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
  In the past there have been several from the Nevada (LV) area who have expressed interest in NCOWS, so the makings of a posse are there.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
A few years back, the Las Vegas SASS club also included NCOWS posse's in monthly shoots.  The Ncows marshal was Lorne Lomprey, as I recall.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com